hug silently | bang chan

based on author's original event.
tw // anxiety
Y/N POV
7:56a.m. | school

I stood at the entrance of my school gate, nervous. My hands and legs, trembling, like I'm standing on thin spaghetti noodles.

"A new beginning, right?", I thought. It was the beginning of a new school year, and i had spent the past month of holiday comtemplating if I should make this school year a new change for myself in a good way.

I was always introverted, and had major social anxiety. I was always afraid of being judged so I distanced myself from people.

That did not work at all, and I seemed to be catching people's attention for being quiet. And that, really terrified me.

"They think you're an outcast."

"They think you're a loser."

My own thoughts were decieving me.

And so, I decided to change myself.

I decided to start talking to people, wear decent-looking clothing, and stop frowning almost constantly.

I took a deep breath and walked into the school. And I immediately caught the eyes of multiple people.

"They think you're trying too hard."

"Please stop.", I thought, trying to shut my own thoughts up.

I walked to my locker, trying not to keep my head down as usual.

"Heyyy, Y/N!!", a loud, and familiar voice said.

It was Bang Chan. The most popular guy in school, and the only person I've talked to besides teachers in this school. He was an ace student. He was good at sports, academics, arts, music and basically everything. He was also a total sweetheart, so almost every girl (and some boys) have a crush on him.

"Uhh, hey, Chan!", I tried not to stutter.

He looked me up and down and smiled, "Wow! You look really good today!"

I smiled and was about to reply but something interrupted me.

"He's lying."

I tried to maintain a smile on my face and said, "Thank you, Chan."

Chan was suddenly tackled lightly by someone, "Heyyy, what's up, Chan!"

It was Felix. Felix was Chan's best friend. And behind him was a trail of other guys who were also Chan's friends. Chan was the popular guy and was super friendly, so he made friends with probably everyone in this school.

"Oh, hey, Felix!", Chan greeted back. "I think you guys have seen Y/N before. If not, guys, this is y/n. Y/N, these are Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin, Jisung, Felix, Seungmin and Jeongin!"

"Yeah, i'm familiar.", I tried to make eye contact with all of them as a sign of acknowledgement but my head got to me so I ended up just quickly glancing at all of them, and looked back at Chan.