Alzheimer's Disease | jeon jeongguk

an angst.
Alzheimer's disease is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior.

Y/N's POV
11/3/2039 12:36p.m.

Me and Jeongguk have been married for years, and we are in our early-40s.

Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease when he was 38.

It all started when Jeongguk started to forget things easily.

At first, he just forgot where he placed his keys.

But overtime, it became worse. He started to forget our old friends.

He forgot who Seokjin, Namjoon and Jimin were.

His bandmates who had been his friends since his teenage years. Even if they had disbanded in 2026, they all still kept in touch.

I found it quite odd and took him to a doctor.

And that's how he got diagnosed.

Nobody's POV

Y/N arrived at her house where lived her and her husband after going to the market for groceries.

She unlocked the door, only to see Jeongguk looking lost in the living room.

"Hey, honey. I'm home." Y/N said with a smile.

He turned his head towards her with a confused and scared expression on his face.

"W-who are you?" He stuttered out, quite terrified.

"I'm your wife, darling. You were diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease a few years ago." she replied.

"O-oh..." He mumbled, but he still looked confused. "Umm... Can you tell me where the bathroom is?"

"Of course, honey." Y/N said with a smile. "Follow me."

You might think that a lot of people would be devestated that their own s/o forgot who they were. But y/n simply copes with it. She knows she can't do anything, but help the poor man and maintain a smile to boost morality.

Y/N'S POV

After leading Jeongguk to the bathroom, I go back to the kitchen to unpack the groceries.

And with those groceries, I prepare a meal for him.

I made his favourite, some cheese ramen.

I help Jeongguk everyday, and i don't surrender because I love him so much.

I was devestated to hear that he was one of the unlucky ones who got Alzheimer's disease at quite an early age.

I miss the memories.

I quickly glance at a photo in our living room.

It's a photo of me and him at our wedding, and we were in our 20's.

I smile to myself, hoping Jeongguk looks at them when i'm not at home, and that he would get his memories back.

but deep down,

i know he doesn't remember a single memory of us together.

END