01 | Seventh Am.

AN: Read the warnings before you read!
_____________________________

SOPHIA

I was beyond excited for my seventh year to be over. To finally be out in the adult world and do something that I want to do. I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do yet, but I was excited about it.

I was also excited to turn 18. To graduate and experience so much. I just I hope I get the chance to.

"Hey, Pinky." I looked up from my book to see Avery. He was my only friend from my house and school. He was the only person to not make fun of me and to be genuinely nice to me.

I smiled up at him and closed my book. "What are you doing?" I asked as I put the Herbology book down on the coffee table that was in front of me.

I watched as he sat beside of me on the black leather couch and shrugged.

"I'm probably going to be getting pestered by Riddle shortly," he said with a fake smile. I rolled my eyes and leaned back into the cool couch. Tom is always pestering Avery, especially when the two of us are hanging out. Tom always has to interrupt us and steal Avery from me.

"He's annoying," I stated and looked up at Avery who nodded.

"Very."

We talked some more about random stuff until we were rudely interrupted. I looked up from Avery's face with a glare to meet Tom Riddle's ugly face.

"Don't you ever go away?" I asked with disgust lacing my voice. A smirk plastered on his face as he looked down at my small frame.

"Please, you'd miss me, Porter." I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"Slightly," I muttered and grabbed my Herbology book from the coffee table.

Before I could go back to reading my book before Avery came in, he draped a blanket over my shoulders. I looked up at him in surprise considering I wasn't expecting it.

"You're shivering."

"Thank you," I smiled as my cheeks became hot. He gave me a small nod and left with Tom in front of him leading the way.

Once they were out of the common room I continued with my book and went into Herbology Land.

Herbology Land had me captivated longer than I had hoped for. I didn't know what time it was when someone sat down beside me. I finally realized someone was there when they said my name.

"Huh?" I looked to my right to see Tom looking at me somewhat amused.

"What?" I asked when he didn't say anything. He shook his head.

"You missed dinner." I shrugged in response, my stomach on the other hand growled. I hadn't eaten all day, I was too busy in Herbology Land to notice.

The reason I was reading so many books about Herbology was because I wanted better grades in it. It was the only class where I wasn't too happy with myself, with my capabilities. I knew I could do better, and this year I was going to do better and I was going to stick with it.

"Here." Tom handed me a muffin. A banana muffin to be exact. They were my favorite.

"Did Avery tell you they were my favorite?" I asked as I took the muffin from his hand.

"Banana muffins are your favorite?" He asked as he leaned back into the couch. I nodded and took a bite.

He hummed, "I'll keep that in mind."

I looked back at him to see him still looking at me. I looked down at his hand that was resting on his thigh and traveled up to his wrist to his watch. He's had that same old watch since fifth year. It wasn't the prettiest by all means, but it also wasn't the ugliest. It was worn out, but it did the job.

"What time is it?" I asked. He lifted up his wrist and looked at the watch.

"Two in the morning." My eyes went wide. It was late. It was past my bedtime late, way past my bedtime.

"I'm late." I quickly started gathering all of my stuff I accumulated throughout the day.

"Late for what, bed? Do you have a bedtime?" You could hear the smirk that was on his face.

I looked back at him with a glare, "It isn't funny!" I proceeded with gathering my stuff and folded the blanket Avery put over my shoulders earlier.

"I'm sorry." I scoffed. No, he's not. He never apologizes to anyone, he's a dick.

"Whatever." I looked at everything in front of me and made sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I had all my Herbology books, parchment with notes and some without notes, my quill, my ink, and my hair tie. I nodded to myself and went to my dorm with someone following me. More than likely Tom. I stopped when I got to the door to see that it was in fact him.

"Don't forget about breakfast tomorrow." He went to his dorm when I didn't say anything. I watched him with my eyebrows furrowed.

What is wrong with him? He's being awfully nice, and he usually isn't this nice to me. He is semi-nice to me, but not like this. It was odd.

I shrugged it off and entered my dorm to see the other girls asleep. I ventured over to my bed and put everything in its spot. When I was satisfied with everything at its spot I grabbed a set of pajamas and made my way to the bathroom and got ready for bed by brushing my teeth and getting a shower. Once I was all done I went back into the dorm and over to my bed. I pulled the covers back and slid under them. I got comfy cozy and fell asleep pretty quickly with no trouble for once.