05 | Teenage Dream.

SOPHIA

We talked, but barely. Tom wanted to talk in public, with people around. I didn't. I wanted us to keep a low profile, so no rumors would spread.

When we did talk it was at night when everyone was out of the common room, in bed. Since I liked going to bed at a decent time we only talked about once a week.

It was refreshing. I didn't know how good I'd feel with being alone again. Yeah, Tom and Avery's company is great, but being alone is somewhat better. I didn't have to worry about anything really.

I was happily strolling the halls when I suddenly got yanked into a room. The person let go of me, so I looked to see Tom. Why am I not totally surprised?

"Thomas!" I yelled. How could he do this to me? He basically kidnapped me inside of school? Where are the professors when you need them?

"It's just Tom, actually," he said. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest.

"What do you want?" I inquired when all he did was look at me.

"I wanna talk! We only talk once a week, if that!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened in shock. He can't be serious.

"No shit! I'm quite happy by myself if you haven't noticed!" I saw him and felt him watching me every now and then. It's hard not to miss his eyes burning right through you.

"I'm not happy! I miss you! I'm sorry for yelling at you and calling you Porter! I hate when you think I'm too busy for you!" He was now yelling. His voice echoed throughout the room.

"Tom-" he interrupted me.

"Give me a chance!" I shook my head.

"Please!"

"No, Tom." After those two words left my mouth his face changed. He was mad. If looks could kill I'd be dead.

"We don't really know each other. We just talked because of Avery." I said stepping closer to him. He looked at me with such hatred. I didn't like it. I am the reason he's upset though. I'm the reason this is happening.

"Okay," he said simply. It was like he turned his emotions off. It was so sudden too.

"Okay," I nodded. I turned around from facing him to see a rather large double door. I opened the right one and left the room.

It was late and I was alone yet again. Except for this time I was inside the castle. I was in an empty classroom where students used to do teenager stuff in.

I looked up from my book when I heard the door open. A girl scurried in and closed the door quickly. After a moment she turned around, so her back was facing the door, and let out a sigh with her eyes shut. Once she opened them they went wide and she covered her mouth as she looked at me.

"I didn't know anyone was in here," she whispered. I nodded.

"I can leave if you'd like," I said putting my page saver in my book and closing it.

"No! No, I'm just hiding from someone." I nodded in response and opened up my book and continued reading where I left, ignoring the girl. She'll go away eventually.

I was reading a muggle book. A love-story one. It reminded me of Tom in a way, except the guy in the book was way nicer than Tom is.

I was too engrossed in the book to even realize the girl sat beside me and was reading the book over my shoulder. Once I did notice her I leaned back and looked at her. I guess she isn't going away.

"You like love stories?" She questioned.

"I guess. I just kinda like this guy." She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Please. You should see how you look at Riddle." My eyes widened in shock. How does she know? Actually, who even is she?

"You should also see how he looks at you," she said glancing at me.

"I don't fancy him. We're just friends," I stated, totally lying.

"Yes you do," she insisted. I narrowed my eyes at her, finally taking in her appearance.

She had long wavy dark brown hair, it was almost black, tanned skin, dark brown eyes, and her eyelashes were even long. Her lips were dry and full, I almost kept going down when she stopped me.

"My eyes are up here," she said. I looked up at her face as my face became hot. I can't believe I did that. It's so unlike me. I'd never.

"So you don't fancy Riddle then?" She asked as she got up onto her feet and towered over me after a moment of silence.

"I wish I didn't." I hated liking Tom, yet I didn't. He was so nice to me, yet he gave me mixed signals. He's so confusing for no reason.

"Let me help you get him off your mind." She outstretched her hand to me. I stared at it for a moment and nodded.

"Fine." I closed my muggle book and grabbed ahold of her hand that was oddly warm. She pulled me up and didn't let go of my hand.

"By the way, we're besties now. You're stuck with me." She smiled.

"I guess I can get used to you then." She smiled even more as we headed for the door.

"You don't have a choice, love."

We exited the classroom and headed for my house.

"You really have no clue who I am, do you?" She questioned after she made the entranceway open. I looked at her surprised by it.

"Not a clue."

"We have every single class together." That didn't help at all, which she noticed.

"I'll tell you all about me tomorrow. We'll get to know each other." I nodded.

"Okay."

We went down the steps to see Tom sitting on the couch facing the steps.

"Where have you been?" He asked me standing up. He was mad. I don't blame him though. I've been gone practically all night.

"By myself! All you had to do was check an empty classroom if you wanted to know so bad!" I snapped with my eyes narrowed at him. He just waits for me, he never looks even though he could find me easily.

"Tell me next time!"

"No! You're not my boyfriend!"

I think he hated that he wasn't. He couldn't keep track of me and stuff like that. Even when we were close friends he did, but not as extreme as a boyfriend would. He always made sure to know where I was somehow.

"Go to bed!"

"Leave me alone!"

My new bestie dragged me to the dorms and into it. I went over to my bed, put my book down on my bedside table, and laid on the bed.

Tom Riddle is a pain in the ass.