09 | Veritas.

SOPHIA

The whole day Rain avoided us, especially me. I hated it.

After dinner, Tom and I decided to follow her and talk to her. She went into the classroom Tom and I were in just this morning. We entered it to see Rain sitting on the same desk I was at this morning.

"I know I've been avoiding yous," she stated.

"I saw yous this morning and it got me upset," she confessed as she twiddled with her thumbs.

"We wanted to tell you about it," Tom said and glanced down at me. I nodded.

"Why?"

"We can't lie to each other, it's not good. It could ruin this and I don't want that. No lying." She looked at Tom.

"Especially about that," he said. He went and sat on the desk beside her, leaving me standing in front of them with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"About what?" I asked. I looked between the two and focused on Rain when she put her head down.

"Tell her now," Tom demanded. She looked up at him and shook her head.

"It'll upset her."

"So will her not knowing. Now tell her." Rain looked at me sadly, glanced at Tom, then looked back at me.

"What is it?" I asked going over to her. I grabbed her hands that were in her lap and held them. She opened her mouth a few times, then closed it and sighed.

"I use to do bad things. I stopped doing the bad things the day after we met," she murmured.

"Tell her what bad things," Tom ordered.

"I don't need to know," I said looking at him.

"Yes you do," Rain said.

"Well, what was it then?" I asked. It can't be that bad.

"I use to mess with people." Tom hummed, making her continue.

"I use to fuck people, like multiple people, multiple times a day. That's why Avery hates me, I did it to him," Rain explained.

"You're a slut?" I asked letting go of her hands.

"So-"

"You're a whore?" I asked interrupting her.

"No! I stopped!" I turned my head away from her and went over to Tom. I reached my arms to him, so he grabbed me and pulled me up on his lap.

"Listen to her." He told me.

"I don't wanna," I murmured.

"I know you don't, but she isn't lying. She stopped when yous started talking." I huffed and looked back at Rain who was looking at Tom and I.

"I use to date multiple people at the same time too. It was all a big mess," she nodded. I looked up at Tom.

"There's more?" I asked him when he kept looking at her. He nodded.

"It was boys and girls. They gave me what I wanted, I used them." I leaned into Tom more, as I looked at Rain.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked.

"I was too scared too. You wouldn't have listened if I told you without Riddle here." I nodded and got off of him. I turned around to him and waited for him to get off the desk.

"I know somewhere we can go," he said getting off it after a moment of looking at me.

"I'm sorry!" Rain exclaimed, getting off her desk.

"I don't wanna talk to you right now! Hava-Hava think!" I exclaimed and headed for the door.

"I told you she wasn't going to take it well," Tom said getting closer to where I was. Once Rain didn't say anything Tom grabbed my shoulders causing me to look up at him.

"C'mon, Love."

I couldn't stop thinking about what Rain told me earlier in the day. If she told me sooner in our relationship I don't think I would've cared or have been so hurt by it, but since she told me so late, I did care a whole lot.

I sat up in my bed and looked over at her bed to see her laying there with her arms over her face.

"Sunny." Her head shot to me.

"T'mere." She got up out of bed and made her way over to me on her tiptoes.

"What's a matter?" She asked as she stopped at my feet. I reached for her shirt, grabbed it, and yanked her onto my bed. She fell on me and slightly groaned.

"Tink," she whined as she lifted herself up off of me.

"Stop moving and hold me," I ordered. She looked at me for a moment, sighed, and got under the covers that I had lifted up for her.

I snuggled right into her, so she held me tightly to her.

"I thought you were mad at me," she whispered.

"I am, but I miss you, and I wanna talk about it."

I looked up at her when she didn't say anything to see her looking down at me.

"How about we talk about it tomorrow? I think we both really need some sleep right now." I nodded in agreement. I was really tired from today.

"Okay, Sunny." I snuggled back into her, getting comfortable, and began to quickly drift off to sleep.