Playlist

The rest of the week slowly goes by, you and Akaashi have been getting along somewhat well, and Onigiri is starting to become a lot harder, and a lot more fun to take care of. That Friday you decide to go back home for a weekend visit, as per your mom's pleading on the phone every time you call her.

"Are you switching dorms?", Akaashi asks as he sees you hovering around your room putting a few clothes in a duffel bag.

"Huh? Oh no, I'm visiting my parents for the weekend.", you smile as you dump the last of the clothes in the bag.

"Ah, am I gonna be alone for the weekend then?", he asks sitting on your bed.

"Well I mean if you don't have any plans, I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind you tagging along."

"No no it's alright! As long as I have Onigiri I'm sure I'll make it through."

"Are you sure? My mom makes killer onigiris and shin udon!", you ask again, before standing up with your duffel bag and heading to the bedroom door.

"Wait wait, let me quickly pack some things.", Akaashi smiles as he leaves the bedroom and dashes into his own room.

Smirking, you walk back to the living room and lay down for a bit. Onigiri comes up on the couch and curls up in front of you.

"Ah wait-", you mutter as you quickly get up again and pull out your phone. You groan when you see that you have a project due that Monday, and you've barely started.

"What's wrong y/n?", Akaashi asks coming into the living room with a backpack.

"I just realized I have a project I've barely started due Monday.", you sigh as you get up and grab your bag.

"So are we cancelling?", Akaashi asks placing his own bag down.

"Nah, I'll just pull an all nighter Sunday.", you sigh as you go to put the duffel bag back, and take two sets of clothes stuffing them in a messenger bag. Akaashi gives a small frown before going to the kitchen.

You come back out to see him putting kibble in a Ziploc bag for Onigiri. Grabbing his leash, you grab your keys and head down to the car. You swing open the trunk and throw your bag in, and then go and sit in the driver's seat.

"You ready?", you ask poking your head out of the window as you see Akaashi coming with Ongiri.

"Yup! Are we coming back tomorrow morning?", he asks as he opens the trunk and puts his bag in.

"Yeah, 6'o clock sharp.", you grin as he mutters something under his breath and gets in the passenger seat.

You start the car and head onto the main road. The first few minutes were mainly quiet, just Onigiri's soft little yips every now and then at the passing cars.

"Do you mind playing some music?", you ask, getting somewhat bored of the quiet atmosphere.

"Sure thing!", Akaashi pulls out his phone and opens Spotify to play something.

As soon as you hear feelings are fatal by mxmtoon play, you laugh.

"Is this your break up playlist?", you jokingly ask as you move your hand down to pet Ongiri.

"No actually, this is the "Y/N" playlist.", he smiles as the next song comes up.

"What do you mean?", you ask as you hear fuck you, goodluck by suggi.

"Songs I think that remind me of you.", Akaashi replies.

"So you think I'm a badass blob of emotions?"

"Would you agree with that statement?"

"Maybe so."

"Then basically so."

"You haven't known me for that long!"

"So I'm on point then!", Akaashi grins.

"Is this your superpower or something?", you mutter, hearing the next song.

"I'm just good at reading people.", Akaashi's grin turns into a small smile.

"My kind of woman?", you ask, confused on hearing the song.

"Maybe some of the songs on here are not the most fitting-", Akaashi says blushing a little.

You give a small smile as you feel your cheeks heat up a little. Maybe, maybe this was the push you needed. Akaashi turned his head to look outside the window as he saw a couple sitting on a bench laughing about something, their arms wrapped around each other. Smiling, he looked down at Onigiri. Maybe this too, was the push he needed.

a/n: helloooo my beautiful readers!! sorry for not updating the ff yesterday i had some other things going on 💃 i needed some more time to think on how to stretch this book out so i end it at at least 20 chapters 😗  ALSO I APOLOGIZE FOR HOW DENSE Y/N SEEMS 😭😭 ILL MAKE SURE TO TRY AND FIX THAT!! i hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!! see you next author's note <333