Hardwood Floor

a/n: d/n =  dad's name; m/n = mom's name

"Is this the place?", Akaashi asks as you near your parent's house.

"Yup! Home sweet, er, parent's home!", you laugh as you park the car on the driveway and lift open the trunk to get the bags.

"Y/N? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE COMING?", you hear your mom's voice ring out from the door way.

"Surprise!", you smile as you close the trunk and haul both the bags in the house.

"Are you moving back in? Did you already drop out!?", your mom inquired pointing at the two bags.

"Mom of course not, I brought someone with me!", you roll your eyes as you nod your head toward the car.

Your mom's gaze shifts to Akaashi, who was getting out of the car, trying to keep Onigiri still in the meantime.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend.", your mom frowns.

"I'm not her boyfriend ma'am, just her roommate.", Akaashi clears, walking over to the both of you, with a still very wriggly Onigiri.

"You didn't tell me about this either!", your mom laughs reach over to take Onigiri from Akaashi's arms.

"Guess life gave me short term memory.", you shrug your shoulders and run into the house, leaving the bags where you left them, on the ground.

"Is she causing you a lot of trouble?", your mom laughs turning to Akaashi as he picks up the bags.

"No not at all, maybe even saving me from trouble.", Akaashi responds as he follows your mom into the house.

"You must be Akaashi! Y/n just told me your name, she's in the bathroom right now.", your dad calls out from the couch.

"That's right sir! I'm her roommate.", Akaashi leans over to shake your dad's hand.

"Oh please no formalities, call me d/n!", your dad shakes Akaashi's hand, and pats the seat next to him, signaling Akaashi to sit down.

"Oh okay and I'm the mean one! Call me m/n.", your mom frowns from behind Akaashi, setting Onigiri on the ground to run around.

"You're the bad cop, stick to it!", you scold as you jump onto the couch.

"Do you guys want anything to eat?", your mom laughs, shaking her head as she heads back to the kitchen.

"No thank you, I'm going to go put the bags upstairs.", Akaashi says getting up to take the bags.

"Here I'll show you where my old room was!", you spring up and grab Akaashi's arm to drag him up the stairs.

"Where should I keep my bag?", Akaashi asks as he places his bag in your old bedroom, which was now a guest bedroom.

"Right there next to mine.", you point flopping onto the bed.

"Oh wait, I could just put it in the room I'm sleeping in-", Akaashi says.

"Yeah I know, this is the room you're sleeping in.", you laugh spreading your arms on the bed.

"Wait so where are you gonna sleep then?", Akaashi asks placing his bag down.

"On the bed."

"Where will I sleep?"

"On the ground!"

"On a futon?"

"No on the hardwood floor.", you roll your eyes and laugh.

Akaashi laughs too as he sits down on the floor.

"Guys come down and have something to eat!", you hear your moms voice calling the both of you from downstairs.

"Coming!", you call as you get off the bed and run downstairs, with Akaashi walking behind you.

"Here eat up! Y/n can show you around the area after!", your mom says placing a plate of onigiri in front of Akaashi.

"Mom, he went to Fukurodani.", you say grabbing an onigiri from Akaashi's plate.

"Oh! Then you two can take the puppy on a walk somewhere.", she says instead.

"Onigiri, the puppy's name is Onigiri.", you correct your mom as you snag another onigiri from Akaashi.

"Are you just going to keep stealing mine or get your own?", Akaashi laughs pushing his plate away from you.

"You're gonna get fat if you eat so much.", you snap at him.

"Weren't you the one-"

"If you ever bring that up again there will be something else coming your way.", you grit your teeth not wanting the rest of the sentence to come out of Akaashi's mouth, especially with your parents within earshot.

"Alright alright! Are you done then?", Akaashi laughs as he stuffs an onigiri in his mouth.

"I guess so. Ready to go?", you grumble as Akaashi swallows the last of the onigiri in his mouth.

"All set!", Akaashi smiles as he gets up to get Onigiri's leash from upstairs.

"You guys be back in at least 5 hours.", your mom looks at you skeptically.

"Be back by at least 9 pm.", your dad corrects.

"That's still 5 hours dad.", you laugh as you put on your shoes.

"The way I said it makes it sound more like a curfew!", your dad objects.

"I'll have her back by 8:30.", Akaashi pipes up, coming down with Onigiri's leash, clipping it onto the puppy.

"I'm holding you to that.", your dad says turning back to his phone.

"If you don't come back on time forget us being lenient parents.", your mom warns you.

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! Bye you two love you!", you hold your hands up as you leave the house.

"Well now I'm really gonna have to bring you home by 9.", Akaashi said, looking quite scared.

"We have time to go get ice cream then!", you smile.

"You just ate!", Akaashi scolds.

"Okay and? I'm still hungry.", you pout.

"Well I mean, ice cream does sound good.", Akaashi pauses.

"I'm taking that as a yes, let's go!", you laugh running, pulling him and Onigiri with you before he could change his mind.

a/n: hello my dear readers!! welcome to the end of yet another kinda sorta late chapter! im currently late to bed as im typing this cause i have school tmr but i hope you enjoyed this chapter!! ill see you beautiful readers in the next author note! (also the chapter photo was amazing wasnt it?)