Soccer Moms United and Brown Butter Cookies - 5

"Ooh, yes. That is so soft. Oh my gosh. Why am I, like, literally disgusting?" I busied myself looking around the store. "You need to love yourself a little bit." Abby replied with, "I can't." They were kinda annoying at times. It's just, they spoke like middle schoolers and it could really drive you crazy sometimes. "What do ya think?" I dont care. "It'll make your boobs look bigger." The store looked really boujee. I tried to find some cute clothes, but I was like the Soccer Mom version of justice. I searched for the, Soccer Moms United  sign, but I figured it was outside. "When she remembers the little boob. Yo, mood." Norah liked it, "Mm-hmm. You are a mood." She asked Ginny's opinion, seeing I was busy looking at the ugly jewelry. "I dunno, Ginny. What do you think?  Should I get it?" Ginny said definitely and Abby grabbed the earrings from her hand. "These would look really cute on you." She watched as Ginny hid them, "Good. I want an iced coffee. Let's go." Nope. I yanked the earrings from Ginny and put them back.

"Black girl stealing? Why do you have to be a fucking stereotype? Put those ugly ass flared earrings back." She sighed and dropped them. It's sad that people play into stereotypes set for them. I believe you should always try to defy standards.  We turned to leave, but the cashier yelled, "Stop!" We had to sit until our mother got there. She'd searched our bags, but not theirs and came up with nothing, but still attempted to get us in trouble. 

She bursted into the store, "My daughter would never steal. This is an outrage. She would never..." Virginia looked guilty, "Mom, I did it. But Y/n made me put it back. We didn't have anything when she 'caught' us." Mom became even more enraged, "Did you check the other girls' purses, or just my daughter because she's Black? I work at Mayor Paul Randolph's office, and he'd be fascinated to know that a store in Wellsbury was racially profiling." The cashier told her that 'race had nothing to do with it.' "But we didn't have anything? You couldn't have saw us stealing shit, either, because you would've seen Ginny put them back too. We don't ave to steal your one dollar, fugly looking, bitch ass earrings you hoe! Everything in this shit hole is ugly anyway! I have rights!" Cheers erupted from Abby and Norah. I'm not done with you bitches yet. "Language, Y/n," my mom reminded me. She didn't mind if I cursed, but not too much.

"Oh my God. Oh, I feel faint. I'm sorry. Social injustice tends to upset me. I'm sure this was a misunderstanding. I'd love to pay for the, um, 'one dollar, fugly looking, bitch ass' earrings. And this lovely jacket. Such beautiful things. Who picks all this out? You? What an eye. You take cash?" She bought her things and took us outside. "So, gals, fun day?"  Abby and Norah were apparently snitches. "We had no idea that Ginny was stealing." The audacity-  "The fuck? It was your idea! Fuck you tittyless! And you too miss prostitute 'fuck me Jordan!'" They scampered away all frantically and I laughed, getting squeezed in a side hug by my mother. "Is that 87 King Street? Come here. We went across the street to that annoying bitch that's son keeps bullying Austin. "Georgia, hi! I've been meaning to chat. Zach was so disappointed Austin took his Star of the Week slot. He'd been really looking forward to it." And? They're in elementary school. "Is this your office?"

"Oops," she closed the door. "Don't wanna let all the cool air out. I don't think it's right to switch up the order on the kids. Do you?" I coughed, "Can't Zach be the star next week? They're just trying to include Austin because he's new. And Austin brought cookies. I'm sure Zach enjoyed that!" She shook her head, "I don't let him eat sweets. He had celery today." That's why he's actually upset dumb ass. Just desserts; speaking of which, I think Zach would like popsicles... "What's Star of the Week" Mom shrugged, "I'm not sure. I can only deal
with one child in crisis at a time." 

--

We went into Blue Farm and I focused on ordering food. Ooh, nachos. "Do you think those girls care about you? You're not their friend. You're not one of 'em. How quickly did the scary redhead throw you under the bus? I raised you smarter than this..." Right, they don't. It was kinda disappointing, to be honest. I don't really know Norah, but I thought Abby liked me. "Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe!" Joe looked exausted. Poor guy. "Oh no." She rubbed her tummy, "My daughters and I were shopping, and we were suddenly famished." I gave him a remorseful look that he seemed grateful for. "I'll give you more time." He almost got away, when my mom added, "While shopping, I was thinking, Ginny never learned the value of a dollar. She's just been handed things her whole life, and what she isn't handed, apparently, she just takes." He muttered, "I'll come back and tried to leave, "And that isn't healthy for character development. So I was wondering..." He was quick to shut that down, "No, I'm not hiring."