22 - Everything Has Changed(The Finale)

(A/N): Hey guys! The last chapter of this story and also the longest! It's basically the size of two of my chapters together. How we feeling ab the end?? And the fight w/ Ginny happens before the election results, so you can still go(but it happens in memories)

We arrived at the school at about 6, Ginny walking way faster than me. Before we left, the only context Marcus had given me was that we were meeting at the school for a date. I thought it was suspicious, but that was why I arrived wearing wayyy fancier clothes than I should've been(in the picture). My twin was jogging while I was stomping in my heels, trying to keep up. Marcus was standing outside and I walked a bit further up to meet him. 

"Hey Y/n!" He waved, with a smile. His hands went back into his pockets as I returned the wave. As I met him, he pulled me in for a kiss. "So, you lied." He looked down and then met my gaze. "Well, technically, I didn't cuz this could still be a date...?" I rolled my eyes as I dragged him into the school, saying, "Why did you lie, anyway?" He matched my pace and responded, with an uneasy smile. "Because I knew you didn't want to watch this dumb play and...we have to talk to Max." We sat down next to my mom and his, Marcus whispering to me. "She's been acting crazy all day. I don't even wanna know what she's said to Ginny, if she's even spoken to her." Ginny, shit, I forgot. "But, where...where is Ginny?" I looked at him alarmed and saw her ahead, in between the black curtains, on stage. "Look, she's on stage! I gotta go!" He urged me to go and said he'd come back after 'hurling.' I didn't think he'd actually throw up, though. Maybe. I sure wanted to.

I crouched down and ran around the corner, getting onto the stage in a matter of minutes. Max and Ginny were talking while the show was going on. "What? I love you. You're my best friend. Why are you guys being mean for no reason?" A person I assumed was the director walked up and yelled, "Places. Places! You. Sparkle like a star." Maxine got ready to go onstage as I walked up behind Ginny. Max saw me and froze. "Max, please just tell me what I did." Ginny saw me behind her and moved so that I wasn't behind her anymore. When I was fully visible, she responded. "You had oral with my brother AND you like him?!" She then turned to me. "Wait, she likes who?"  Maxine looked offended. "You have been dating my brother for months!" She whipped around and went on stage, singing immediately after she got on. I furrowed my brows at he and at Ginny. "What?" I crossed my arms, glaring at my sister. 

She looked away and played with her thumbs, as if thinking. "Y/n, please." I rolled my eyes and began tapping my foot. "Please, don't be mad." I started laughing, shaking my head in the process. This was some silly ass shit. "So this was why you were so mean to Marcus. And I really, really thought you were trying to protect me. Some silly, ASS, shit."

"Y/n. Please." Maxine came back with a glare settled on her face. "Max, please. Max."

She tried to grab her and Maxine pulled away. "You did-whatever with him behind my back
and didn't tell me. And you were dating him? What kind of horrible friend are you? How could you do that to me? How? Y/n, I can't believe I-" She sighed. 

"Max!"

"Hey, new girl. Why so glum? I'm Pam."

"I'm Jess." I looked up to the sky, trying to calm down. I started crying when I was frustrated and I didn't feel like crying. I came back here to help her get her friend back and I find out that she was trying to break up my relationship. I just- I was just mad and I wanted to go home. And I didn't want Max to be mad at her brother. My boyfriend.

"Max, please. Please. Please wait. Please believe me. I wanted to tell you. You too, Y/n, but I thought you'd be mad." I scoffed, cutting her off. "No shit, dumbass."

"I... I'm really, really sorry. I love you both. You're my best friends. I kept this a secret because I love you, and I didn't know what to do." Max whipped around to me quickly. "And you?" I didn't care for her attitude, but I spoke to her calmly anyway. "I literally told you already, you just didn't hear me. And then Sophie walked in and broke up with you. I was gonna tell you after that, but I was told not to."

She frowned. "Told? By who? Marcus?" I shook my head, debating whether or not I should tell her. I paced back and forth for a bit before she forcefully demanded. "Hallway. Now."

"Max." Ginny kept trying to latch onto her like a little leech. She dismissively waved her hand, yelling, "Ginny, shut up." She tried again, "Max, I can expl..." She cut her off again, "I'm serious. The play." We realized why she was talking to Ginny like that. That, and she was pissed for some reason. "Talk." She pleaded and begged, "Max, I'm... I'm so, so sorry, OK? I've never had a friend like you before," I cut her off, "You're never had a friend, ever." She nodded sadly and kept going. "I've never had a friend before and I didn't wanna screw it up." She clearly disagreed with what Virginia was saying. "No. Don't give me that poor little new girl bullshit, Ginny. You are my best friend, and you've been lying to me from the jump? You even lied to your sister!" I was shocked. She turned to me and added, "I'm still mad. I just think it's pretty shitty to like your sister's boyfriend!" Virginia flinched and responded, "I wanted to tell you. But I thought it was over with Marcus, and then... and then you were so sad about Sophie, I couldn't."

"Yeah. See, you could."

"You say, "Hey, Max. I'm an asshole. I wanna tell the truth about how I wasn't a virgin, and I lied to you about that and about sleeping with your brother." She shook her head, with widened eyes. "No, we didn't have sex and I am a virgin. He just- um. He fingered me." The last part came out low and we all shuddered at the word. "WHY would you tell me that?!" Max was beyond angry now. "Please, please tell me you have a good excuse for this, Y/n." I shrugged, what did she want me to say?  "Max, I already told you. It's my bad that it came out fast like that, but I did. And I really like him, it's not just some dumb thing. I didn't want to tell- we didn't want to tell anyone unless we were sure about being together. And then we were, and we told you. But then, Sophie walked in, and we couldn't tell you again because you were crying and then Norah-"