Boo, Bitch - 10

"What's to prevent him from stabbing another student? The school has very strict disciplinary guidelines when it comes to violence." I sat in the principal's office at Austin's school. I was more eloquent than my mother and she often asked me to sit in on his conferences, whether it be academic accomplishment or other. Because I help him with his homework..  "It wasn't just violent. It was a premeditated attack by a child! With severe aggression!" I coughed, attempting to get their attention. "The 'attack,' as you call it, was not premeditated. And although I don't excuse his  actions, your son has been bullying Austin since we moved. Possibly he was just reacting to aggression that your son faced him with?" She looked appalled that I would even suggest such a thing of her son, while the principal gave a knowing look in my direction. "We're taking it very seriously." My mom decided to step in, "I don't know where he learned this behavior. It is inexcusable. Clearly, he's struggling emotionally." I nodded, agreeing, before Cynthia needed to add her two cents, "Zach required a stitch! Who knows when he'll next hold a tennis racket?" I stifled a laugh and the principal looked away with a smile. Oh no, the country club will miss him.

"This is my fault. I must have missed Austin's cries for help. I'm...so sorry this happened." I disagreed; he just needs to learn how to process his emotions better. And, honestly, do we really care that devil incarnate got a stitch?  "Austin shouldn't be allowed back into the classroom." Mom agreed, as did I, even though I thought the way Cynthia said it was rude as hell. "Austin needs time away from school to process this." The principal came to a conclusion, "Given that this is his first offense, I think suspension is appropriate. Cynthia? Do you agree?" She repositioned herself into a soccer mom pose and spoke, "He should be in therapy." Mom just agreed vigorously, "Oh, absolutely. Therapy, yes. This aggression is not OK."

They turned to me next, "I agree with therapy...however, I think your son needs to stay away from Austin. If he comes home crying ever again, I will get a restraining order. He also made a comment about my mother that he stated you said, about my moms 'tatas'? Inappropriate to say in front of a child you think? Maybe you should work on your parenting skills. Oh, and, if his glasses are broken again, I'll call a lawyer." Finishing my sentence, I smiled creepily, "Are we in agreement?" I said cheerfully. Cynthia shook her head rapidly up and down. "Perfect!"

"Let's go."

"Well? How'd it go?"

Mom gulped and shook her head, "I'm not gonna lie. It was..." Ginny had to interrupt, "You're not gonna lie? That's weird." She bent down to speak to our brother, "I'd like to hear from Austin. How'd it go?" Austin looked down sadly. "I'm suspended, and I have to do therapy. Mom said she was worried." Mom switched positions with Ginny to talk to Austin, "Baby, I'm not worried. There is nothing wrong with you, and you don't need to go to therapy. That Zach kid had it coming."

"I'm sorry. Are you suggesting the nine-year-old deserved to be stabbed through the hand with a pencil?" I rolled my eyes, episode two of the Ginny Show: Bitch, Imma Mother. "I'm sorry, but you've got a lot of opinions today. I don't remember anyone popping out of your birth canal! Can it." I laughed and Austin did too. 

"He needs to see someone, Mom! Clearly, he's not handling things well with your whole secret family surprise."

"I like Caleb!"

"Virginia, not everything is about you! Did you even know that Austin was getting bullied?" Her eyes widened and the mouth shut. "See? You're out with your friends all day and then suddenly decide to play mom. You don't know what's best for Austin! You dont even know his favorite color!" She guessed 'blue.' "It's red. And I know  you are not using Austin as an excuse to yell at mom about some random ass family. You can't even stand this one! Why would you wanna know any more?" Mom gave me a slight grin, "Thank you, Y/n! See, I didn't tell you about them for good reason. Maddie is trouble! You can't trust anything she says."

"Oh, that's rich. Please, lecture me more about who I can trust. I'm rapt." Austin still looked scared, though. "I don't wanna go to therapy." Mom reassured him "Don't worry. You're not. I'm not paying for some twenty-nothing, latte-drinkin', tweed-wearing hypocrite who thinks they have any idea about my life." My twin seems to believe that this proves her point adding, "Austin's life! You mean Austin's life!" I rolled my eyes again, "You literally just  used Austin's 'life' as an excuse to pick a fight! Go home!"

"Baby, listen to me."

"You're perfect."

"But I heard you. You said you were worried."

"Nothing I said was true! I was try..."