#1: Confusion

It had been yet another failed mission for the scout regiment. The 54th expedition outside the walls was coming to an end, as the troupes were heading back to the wall on low speed, led by commander Erwin. Luckily, there weren't any titans in the area there were going through right now, so they could afford to progress slowly to give their horses a chance.

"Erwin Danchou!" exclaimed Moblit, who wasn't too far from the leading squad. "There's someone alive on the ground!"

Raising an eyebrow, the commander raised an arm to stop his men, approaching his subordinate on horseback.

Moblit looked up, confusion in his gaze. "Sir! I spotted someone on the ground without a uniform, so I checked their pulse, and there is one. This woman is alive but unconscious, just laying there, several kilometers outside the wall."

Even more confused now, Erwin got down from his horse. "Hange! Levi! Get over here."

He leaned down, taking a better look. The woman was like no one he'd ever seen before. Her facial features were unusual, yet very good looking. She was wearing black and dark green clothing that was shredded in several places, revealing quite the amount of skin. She had a thin silver chain around her neck, as well as several rings on her fingers.

"Talk about an odd one," said Levi's voice behind him. "What the hell is she doing so far out of wall Rose?"

"This is so exciting!" said Hange.

"Tch."

"She has a tattoo on her hip," affirmed the commander. "A spider with twelve legs..."

"I've never seen a tattoo this well-done," the brunette squad leader commented.

"Neither have I" agreed the corporal. "That can mean that she belongs to some gang, but I haven't heard of one with a spider emblem. No matter; let's just take her back before some titan comes running over here."

Quickly, Moblit took off his cloak to put it around her to pick her up to put her on the cart that held the injured soldiers. Everyone had questions, put they kept them to themselves.

Without further ado, the formation rolled away to the wall, bringing with them the young woman they didn't know would change their lives.

~~~
"It's been a day, Eyebrows, and she's still knocked out."

When they'd gotten back to headquarters, they had put her in a cell, unsure of where she came from or what she could do. Apparently, she still hadn't woken up during the night.

"Are you sure she didn't die?"

"Levi," replied the man, irritated. "You can clearly see her breathing."

Erwin, Levi and Hange had came down to the dungeons to feed her and question her, but they'd found her still in the cell bed, in a deep slumber. The food was running cold, and so was Levi's patience.

"Oi, brat!" He said, kicking the bars. "Rise and fucking shine!"

"Levi!" protested the blond.

Both men froze as they saw her move. Without opening her eyes, she started whimpering, speaking softly in her sleep.

"Da...danchou..."

Erwin's eyes went round.

" 'Danchou'? You know her, Erwin?" asked Hange, eyebrow raised.