#13: Welcome Aboard

"Miss [Y/N]! You're here too?"

Proudly wearing her scouts uniform, [Y/N] was in the hallway leading to the courtroom, standing besides a squad leader known as Miche. Eren and Hange were approaching them, the latter seemingly excited at the event. The same couldn't be said about the teenage boy, who looked like he wanted to be literally anywhere else at the moment.

His strange aura was still there, she noticed. This time though, it didn't fill her with hope like it did on the battlefield.

"Hello Eren," the spider greeted calmly. "Yeah, Commander Erwin asked me to come. Mikasa and Armin are also here, I think."

"Why Eren! You already know our special little recruit here?" Hange exclaimed, pleased at the whole situation.

The young woman scoffed. "I'm not little. I'm taller than you," she muttered, giving her comrade a side glance.

Ignoring her, Eren answered the goggled squad leader. "Yes sir- I mean- ma'am?"

"Eren and I met on the wall before it was breached," [Y/N] chimed in.

Suddenly, Miche bent down. Much to Eren's confusion, he started sniffing him.

"Mr. Hound here is squad leader Zacharias. Don't worry, he did that to me, too."

The titan boy, however, didn't seem convinced. "Um, okay?"

"Okay! Eren, listen up!" Hange exclaimed, putting both hands on his shoulders and looking in his eyes intently. "We're gonna try to convince the court to let us keep you. Try not to make waves, 'kay?"

His eyes widened. "That's the plan?"

He looked at [Y/N] for help. Unfortunately for him, she just shrugged.

"Alright, do you best in there!" the squad leader exclaimed, pushing him into the room.

"Do you think he'll do alright?" Miche asked, mildly concerned.

"Hope so."

As the three scouts entered the courtroom by a side door to join the other witnesses and scout officials, the ambiance was thick with wariness. Eren was being pushed to the ground and bound to a pole while everyone was waiting in anticipation for the hearing to begin.

"Miss [Y/N], you're here!" someone exclaimed in a whisper.

She recognized the aura immediately.

"Armin, Mikasa!" she whispered back, walking up to them. "Glad to see you. Everything alright?"

"As alright as it can be," the blond boy replied. "Mikasa and I have been worried sick about Eren. I hope this goes well."

"That's right," the asian girl chimed in.

"Where have you been?" Armin asked, a hint of worry in his tone.

"With the scouts, where else?" the hunter retorted. "Speaking of which, I need you two to keep your mouths shut about what you saw me do on the battlefield. If the public gets a new phenomenon to talk about, it'll wreak havoc for everyone involved, including you and Eren" she whispered sternly. "Am I being clear?"

Both cadet saluted, determined to keep their friend safe. "Yes, ma'am."

Approaching them, a frustrated aura made itself known to [Y/N] right before her wrist was grabbed firmly. Knowing exactly who it was, she let it happen.

"Oi, shitty spider," Levi called. "You've got brats under your command now?"

She sighed, looking at the captain.  "What happened to, 'hello'? 'Good morning'?"