5 ─── skate of doom

𝘰𝘩, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘺, 𝘪 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘫𝘰𝘺(bubblegum bitch, marina and the diamonds)

𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘫𝘰𝘺
(bubblegum bitch, marina and the diamonds)

SOPHOMORE SLEEPOVER WAS the most talked about event at school. 'Did you get your ticket yet?', 'Is literally every sophomore gonna be there?'. Marigold did not buy herself a ticket, fully knowing that her parents would never pay a hundred dollars to sleep over at the school when she can just sleep at home for free. Marigold didn't want to go either, regardless. She didn't have friends so who would she possibly spend the night with?

   Marigold walks into Joe's café to see Ginny Miller behind the till, Joe showing her how to work the machine. Georgia managed to convince Joe to give her a job at the café. Ginny's schedule is in the mornings and sometimes after school so there are not many days when Marigold and the new girl would strike up a conversation.

   She smiles at Joe, walking past Ginny to the backroom to pull her apron on herself. Marigold looks at herself in the mirror behind the door. The weather's been a bit topsy-turvy lately. Some days it's hot. Some days it's cold. Some days boiling and some days freezing. Today is a warm day and yet Marigold is wearing a turtleneck.

   Her dad had lashed out on her again. Angry at some random post her received. Marigold had walked in to have breakfast. Her father had asked her question about taxes but she doesn't know how they work so she apologised and told him that she doesn't understand. Once again, his hands were around her throat only this time, Marigold was convinced that he wouldn't let go but she was saved by the bell. She took that as a chance to run out through the back door.

   Being at Joe's café was a calming environment. She stared at the girl in the mirror, pulling the turtleneck further up her neck. She exhales out a long breath and smiles to herself, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. Her bangs rest along the side of her forehead which she tucks behind her ears. I need to trim them a little more, she thinks to herself, walking out the backroom to the front of the café.

   "What do you want me to do, Joe?" she asks the man who's watching Ginny serve customers.

   "Take orders from the seated customers and give them their meal," he answers her, not looking at Marigold.

   Marigold diverts her attention to Ginny, when Marcus walks in, flipping his skateboard in front of him, smiling widely at Ginny who does nothing but scowl in his direction. She lets out an exasperated sigh.

   "What do you want?" she asks him, almost angrily.

   As far as anyone knows, Ginny Miller and Marcus Baker are not that close. At all. Sure, Ginny is now suddenly best friends with Maxine and her friends, but that does not entail for Marcus to have any sort of interactions with Ginny. Judging by the way that Ginny talks to Marcus, Marigold can firmly say that something definitely happened between the two, not that she is interested in their relationship.