14 ─── birthday of regret

𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶?(you belong with me, taylor swift)

𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
(you belong with me, taylor swift)

MARIGOLD HAD SLEPT on Marcus' bed while he made a little bed for himself on the ground next to her. She felt bad for sleeping on his bed when it's his but he refused to let her sleep on the floor. It was a peaceful night. She and Marcus almost talked the whole night before she heard his soft snores wafting around the room.

   In the morning he had come up with a plan so that she can use the bathroom without alerting anyone else in the house which was a success. She had managed to brush her teeth and dip into the shower for a quick wash. She then got changed into the clothes she would be going to Ginny's party in; a simple hoodie and a pair of jeans. She folds her pyjamas and tucks it into her bag to take to the sleepover.

   Her make-up is what takes her the longest, dabbing her blender all around her neck and face to conceal all of her dad's work he had done the previous night. It looks more worse the day after than the actual day.

"Are you going to come back tomorrow?" He asks her, helping her out the window. "After the sleepover I mean."

"I might. I don't know," Marigold shrugs her shoulder, letting herself down the ladder. "Don't miss me too much, Baker. I'll be around."

He makes a sarcastic face, handing her bag over to her. She places two fingers at her temple and salutes the male at the window, walking across the yard to Ginny Miller's house. He watches her, a smile tugging at his lips.

   She doesn't knock on the Miller's front door. She checks her phone and waits for a while before Marcus sees his sister and her friends heading up to the house.

Marigold waits patiently by the Miller house after texting Maxine that she was outside. A few seconds pass by before she sees three-quarters of MANG emerging out of the Baker house. Marigold smiles at the girls, not knowing what else to do in the situation. Frankly, she has never talked to Abby nor Norah.

"You're Mari, right? Kian's sister?" Norah starts the conversation, waiting for Maxine to ring the doorbell. "How are you? It's been some time since he—well, you know."

   Marigold almost wants to laugh at her effort of trying to make conversation. It's still a touchy subject but Marigold feels as though she can start to joke about it now. It's the only way to save herself from the pain of always remembering that he's no longer here.

   "Since he passed away? Yeah, I've been good," Marigold chuckles a little, hoping whatever it is that they have planned will happen quickly.

Maxine rings the doorbell and a few seconds later, Georgia opens the door looking elated and excited. The girls follow her in, dropping their overnight bags in one corner of the foyer. The Miller house is a lot different from Marigold's own house and what she has seen of the Baker house. The Miller house is so much more white but yet it is so much more colourful too. It's dull but yet it's so lively.