13 ─── dad of terror

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴?𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦(rewrite the stars, zac efron and zendaya)

𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦
(rewrite the stars, zac efron and zendaya)

   "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINNY," Marigold wishes the girl by her locker. "I didn't know it was your birthday until I saw that...whole tap dancing thing with Hunter."

Ginny has straightened her hair, is the first thing Marigold thinks of when approaching the usually curly haired girl. It's nice but Marigold prefers her curly hair.

"Thanks, Mari," Ginny smiles at her, going in to hug her which Marigold happily returns. "And I was wondering, if you wanted to come over to Max's tomorrow. I'm gonna be having a small party there."

"Sure."

   Thanks to Ginny, Marigold really seems to be slipping out of her comfort zone. She doesn't know what she would called Ginny; a friend or an acquaintance, but either way, she was glad that she had someone else to talk to besides Marcus.

   Another reason why she quickly agreed was to see Marcus. Yes, they see each other in school but they never actually initiate conversation because Marcus is either with Padma or with his little group of friends. Yes, they see each other at night for their secret rendezvous, but it's not the same as seeing him without it being a secret.

   It's been a week since he had properly apologised to her. If someone were to ask Marigold how it was being friends with Marcus, the only way she could possibly explain it is by saying 'I feel peace when I'm with him'. There's no secrets between them. They practically know everything that there is know about one another. It's a nice feeling to have someone who understands you even when you think they won't because that's exactly what Marcus is to Marigold.

   Marigold still doesn't remember much from that night of the Halloween party. Bits will come to her but she can't place them clearly in a timeline. When she find herself staring at Marcus, little fragments of him on her bed will pop up in her head but she shakes it away; embarrassed that she's even thinking of such crude things about the person that she calls her friend.

   After school, Marigold heads straight to Joe's café. She's been working for almost three months now, having saved up a lot of money from her pay checks. She greets Joe with a smile before heading into the back to pull on her apron. She's working behind the counter today.

   "Hey, Mari," she hears someone say to her and when she glances up from the screen, she realises that it's Maxine. "You still coming to the party tomorrow? Ginny said she invited you but there's actually something else I wanted to talk to you about."

   Maxine and Marigold have never held a conversation longer than three minutes; they don't have anything to talk about. Maybe going to this party will get them closer together.