11- Psycho

Why does she want to speak to me? I've never spoken to Info-chan before, I've only ever heard about her...

Honestly, Sakurai feared Info-chan a bit- everyone did. Info-chan was the girl who could find anything out about anyone, and knows everyone's dirty little secrets. Info-chan had the power to ruin anyone's life just by revealing some of their worst secrets. Sakurai couldn't just ignore someone like Info-chan, so she headed up to the third floor. The closer she got to the abandoned classroom, the more uneasy she felt. What would she say to someone like Info-chan? Say one wrong thing and your whole reputation could be ruined with a quick click of a computer mouse.

She got to the door and peered through a small gap in the window. The lights were all turned off in there, so she could just see the glow coming from all her computer screens and the back of an office chair.

"I know your there." A voice called from inside the room. It made Sakurai jump out of her skin. Suddenly, as if on queue, the door unlocked. Sakurai managed to find the courage to open the door. The door slammed shut behind her. It was really dark, but the illuminating screens from the computers made the room manageable to see. The chair turned around and there she was, Info-chan, sat in it. She had crimson glasses resting on her nose and a mischievous grin on her face. Something about her was off. Sakurai didn't know what to say, but Info-chan butted in before Sakurai could even say anything.

"You already know by now, don't you?" She said, with a dark and sinister tone.

"K-know what?" Sakurai replied, nervously.

"The culprit is Ayano."

Sakurai could feel her heart drop. Her heart was racing fast, beating irregularly. Her breathing got more intense, to the point where she could not steady it down.

"How... how did you know? And why are you telling me?" Sakurai managed to whisper those words, but that was the best she could do.

"Because I was helping Ayano." She swivelled her chair back around, to face her computer screens again, "I wanted to tell you because I figured it would make things a lot more... entertaining."

Sakurai could feel rage rushing through her body. She was about to say something when Info-chan butted in.

"Your little friend is in trouble." She let out a small laugh, propping up her glasses. Sakurai suddenly remembered that Ayano had led Michiyo to somewhere private to have a 'conversation' with her. Sakurai's face went white as she fled the room. She sprinted down the corridors, faster than she ever had before. Her mind was a blur, but she recalled seeing Ayano leading Michiyo into some room on the bottom floor. She was running on pure adrenaline; her legs were aching but she wasn't going to stop. Just a few more steps... I can make it in time...

Sakurai stopped outside the door to the closet- it was the most logical room for Ayano to take Michiyo. Without hesitation, Sakurai yanked the door open forcefully, her whole body aching with fear. Her head pounded and she could hardly breathe, as the door opened.

It was too late.

Ayano was stood, holding a knife, drenched in red blood. Ayano's expression was so inhuman- she was grinning with her eyebrows arched and an insane look in her eye. Laying on the floor, in a pool of her own blood was Michiyo. Sakurai was frozen in terror. Her eyes darted to her best friend's corpse. This can't be real... this can't be real. Sakurai backed away, her legs shaking and tears streaming down her cheeks. She was so in shock that she could hardly move her trembling legs- her whole body suddenly felt like a huge weight. She could hardly process the fact that she had lost Michiyo forever, but when she did, it hit her like a boulder. "No... no... no..." Sakurai kept whispering, over and over. She felt like she was losing her sanity. Her body felt like a puppet, which couldn't move by itself and she could hardly speak, without it coming out as a whisper.

That was when she realised that Ayano was slowly walking towards her, clenching her knife.

"W-why...?" Sakurai asked, backing away. Her legs were hurting so much that the most she could do was walk, and she had a huge lump in her throat from crying. "What did Michiyo do to you..?!"

"What did Michiyo do to me? She got in my way. SO MANY TIMES. I WAS SO CLOSE TO GETTING RID OF YOU AND THEN SHE JUST APPEARED BEFORE I COULD. I NEEDED TO GET BACK AT HER SOMEHOW." Ayano raised her voice, yet still spoke carefully to not to be loud. Ayano stared at Sakurai with cold eyes which had completely lost their sanity, as she was getting even closer. Everyone else was in class, but completely oblivious that Sakurai was being almost cornered by a psychopath with a knife. Sakurai was pleading for Ayano to stop, but the sound of Sakurai in pain made her even happier. Ayano's steps echoed through the halls as she tightened her grip on the bloodied knife. Sakurai was trapped against a wall with nowhere to go- and Ayano was coming up to her quickly. Ayano had a huge grin printed over face, her cheeks splattered with blood. Sakurai felt sick.

"Any last words...?"