12- Fate 🌸

Sakurai had her back to the wall, and Ayano was just 20 centimetres away from her, blocking any exits. Ayano raised her knife- Sakurai had given up. She closed her eyes. It will be over soon... it will be over soon. But then, suddenly...

"What's going o-"

Ayano gasped at the sound of the voice and whipped around, before she had the chance to kill Sakurai. Ayano felt pure terror and regret wash over her head, as she dropped her knife.

"T-Taro..." Sakurai whispered, glad to see his face.

"You- you MONSTER!" he shouted. Ayano was covered head to toe in blood, and her eyes were scarily wide. Still, she tried to defend herself.

"No... it's not what you think!" She wailed. Teachers jumped to the scene, hearing all the commotion. Everyone could tell that Ayano had given up, as she kneeled on the floor, with her head down. Sakurai was frozen up against the wall, watching everything. Ayano was apprehended by the teachers and the knife was kicked away from her reach. Taro immediately ran over to Sakurai.

"Are you okay?? Did she hurt you?" Taro panicked, inspecting her.

"How... how did you know I was in trouble...?" Sakurai whispered, trembling from head to toe.

"I was just going to the bathroom, when I heard slight noise, so I came here. I'm so relieved I came in time." His voice was still shaky, and you could tell that he was also in shock and terror.

"No..." Sakurai began, as the memory flooded her mind, "Michiyo... MICHIYO! WHERE IS SHE?!" Sakurai raised her voice, screaming at the top of her lungs. Tears trickled down her cheeks as she struggled, but Taro grabbed her wrists.

"I'm so sorry." Taro threw his arms around her, and all she could do was stare into the distance, denying what happened. She's gone.

A few weeks later~

She felt the cool breeze ruffle through her hair, as she stood silently, flowers in hand. Her face was all red and puffy from crying too much and she looked sleep deprived- her hair wasn't brushed either. She kneeled down, staring at the name embedded on the stone: Kuroda Michiyo. Wordlessly, she placed the beautiful flowers on top of the grave and sat beside it. She opened her palm and looked at her hand. She stared at the ring that Michiyo had given her, and smiled at the thought of her.

"Look, Michiyo, I'm still wearing it."

Months had passed, and Sakurai was smiling again. Michiyo was never out of her memory, but Sakurai liked to smile about all the memories. It was still an emotional topic, but Sakurai was glad that she had the privilege to know Michiyo in her lifetime. She was just too young... why her? And why so young?

It was a regular school day, and the school's reputation had increased again, ever since Ayano's sentence. However, it was recently found out that Osana's death was definitely not suicide- it was a framed suicide. Sakurai wished she could have done something about it. Yet, she wanted to move on from the traumatising past, letting her memories of everyone bring a sad smile to her face. Sakurai visited her best friend's grave every Sunday, and Sakurai would like to tell Michiyo about things that happened at school. Taro and Sakurai ate lunch together every day, and never spent any school time apart (expect from class). Neither of them wanted to leave each other's side, which made Sakurai's feelings just grow bigger. Little did she know, Taro felt the exact same way, and he had felt that way ever since he had met her.

Sunday, 5:42pm~

"Hey Michiyo." She watered the yellow daffodils, which decorated the stone. Sakurai had an excited grin placed on her face. "I wish you were here for me to tell you this, I just know you would have been so happy." Sakurai rested the watering can to the side, and rearranged the flowers, to make them stand out more. "On Friday, Taro confessed his feelings to me at the cherry blossom tree!! I still can't believe it! We are dating now, and I know that if you were here you would be jumping off the walls, waving your arms around and flooding me with questions." Sakurai's smile faded, as she longed for a miracle. She wished that, as if by magic, Michiyo could hop out of her grave and say, "Hey! It was all a prank! I knew this day would come!" But she knew that was impossible.

As if on queue, Taro came up behind her.

"I knew you would be here." He said, sitting beside her. He gave her a sweet smile. He held his hand out to her and she took it.

"I wonder if Michiyo is here, watching us, squealing with excitement. She had always wanted us to end up together." Sakurai said, glancing up at the clouds. He gave her hand a squeeze.

"Of course she is. I know she is." He replied.

The end.