one | detectives

[NAME] OPENED HER eyes and found herself on the ground by a river. "Huh? Where am I?" [Name] questioned as she curiously looked around her. Something was off, and completely different.

Did Nanika send me here? [Name] thought as she stood up, and rubbed her eyes. The [skin/color] skinned girl stood up and stretched her arms before noticing a teen not that far to her left.

The teen has light grey hair, and his hair is short and swept forward in loose spikes with a lock left long on the right side of his face.

The grey haired teen had his fists clenched as he stared at the legs in the water that began to flop around. He sweatdropped seeing the legs flop around before he ran and jumped into the water.

The teen had saved the person in the water and began to swim back. [Name] quickly moved towards them and reached her right hand to him as far as she could, "let me help you!"

The teen blinked and nodded, grabbing her hand as [Name] pulled him in then helped him carry the man onto the ground.

"Thank.. you..!" The teen said to [Name] as he took deep breaths. "No problem!" [Name] smiled as she gave him a thumbs up and then looked down at the man.

The man has mildly wavy, short, dark brown hair. He was wearing a long sand-colored trench coat, and had bandages on his neck, and arms.

Suddenly, the man's eyes opened and then he sat up making the two teens shudder.

"Are you all right? You were swept up by the current..." The teen told the man. "...I'm saved then? ......tch." The man said, looking annoyed.

"Are you the one who interrupted my asphyxiation?" The man asked as he got up and walked then glanced over at the teen and [Name].

"'Interrupted'? I was trying to help you– asphyxi– what?" The teen asked clearly confused while [Name] had dotted eyes.

"Apologies. You two are unfamiliar with the term? I meant to convey that I was committing suicide." The man said casually making the two teens say, "...huh?"

"I was endeavoring to shuffle off this mortal coil, and you had to involve yourself..." The man said with his hand in his head, "such a bother."

"Uh... okay?" The teen said as he glanced at [Name] who was awkwardly smiling. "Ah, well.. My intent was to pursue a clean, pure suicide– one that imposed on no one. And yet, you were nonetheless entangled. I must offer some sort of recompense for this awful imposi–" The man said before he was interrupted by loud growling coming from the male teens stomach.

A silence followed after that as the man and [Name] stared at the male teen. "... are you hungry, lad?" The man asked, snickering with his hand on his chin.

"I...I actually haven't had anything to eat in several days...." The male teen explained before the man's stomach growled making the two teens stare at him with silence.

"Nor have I... and the river absorbed my wallet." The man said staring at the male teen. Suddenly, the two males then slowly turn to the younger girl who sweatdropped, "I don't have any money on me..."

Silence followed right before a voice was heard. "HELLOOO!" A blond haired man with glasses yelled, he seemed to be angry as he had his arms crossed. The man with glass was wearing a beige vest over a black long-sleeved dress shirt, a red ribbon tied into a bow around the collar, beige pants, and plain brown shoes.

"Is this where you've been, you stupid oaf?" The blond haired man asked angrily. "Oh! Kunikida! Thanks for coming!" The dark brown haired man yelled back, waving to the blond hair man known as Kunikida.