six | constantly pushed back to the past

[NAME] BLINKS AS she stood behind Fukuzawa behind the couch. "What a joy it is to meet you–! President Fukuna... er, Fukuda..." The man in the suit struggled to remember the president's name making [Name] cringe internally. "Fukuzawa." The president corrected him while having his eyes closed.

The man snapped his finger, "yeah, that. By the way... that wasn't bad, was it? Parking the helicopter on the street? I've never paid a visit to an office without a helicopter."

Then Naomi walks in with tea and sets one cup down in front of the man. The man picks the teacup and inspects it, "ooh! That's a rare design. And here I fancied myself an expert in porcelain ware! What brand is this, may I ask? Royal Franc? Or El Zerga, perhaps?" "Shimomura ceramics next door." Naomi answered while looking to the side, eyes closed.

"Ah. Pardon me." The man said, sipping on his tea as he slides an envelope to Fukuzawa. [Name] gives Naomi a glance as Naomi gave her a confused shrug.

"My name is Fitzgerald. I run a little group over in the Americas we call 'The Guild.' I also have personal interests in three conglomerates, five hotels... a major airline, a rail company-" Fitzgerald was interrupted by Fukuzawa. "Fitzgerald." Fukuzawa called his name, "I hear word you used a bounty to tempt the mafia into attacking us. Is that true?"

"Ah! That was a little mistake of mine, old sport," Fitzgerald admitted, " I had so little idea that organized crime in this nation was so unreliable! By way of apology, I have a nice little offer for you." He snapped his finger as the man beside him sets down a briefcase on the table.

"This isn't a bad place. Not as many stories as I would like, but the cityscape is pretty enough." Fitzgerald said as he opened the briefcase that was full of money, "I'd like to buy your company."

[Name] looked at Fitzgerald while furrowing her eyebrows while Fukuzawa's eyes widened. "Don't get the wrong idea! I could purchase every company and piece of real estate visible outside that window. I have no interest in this structure nor the people who work inside of it. There is one thing though..." Fitzgerald trailed off as he stared into Fukuzawa's eyes. "–You don't mean..." Fukuzawa spoke.

"I do!" Fitzgerald exclaimed, "I want your 'license to operate a company using special abilities.' In order to legally operate a company in this nation with ability users... you must be licensed by the home affairs ministry's special ability agency. Those crusty, old fossils are hard as stone! They simply will not be bought off. It is, after all, a secret agency. It's not supposed to even exist. So, if I want to conduct a certain 'search' of this town in broad daylight without attracting attention... I will need that license."

"I refuse." Fukuzawa sternly stated, the look in his eyes were dark as he stared at Fitzgerald. "Do you?" Fitzgerald asked. "I could throw in this watch too. It's a limited edition with specially ordered diamonds–"

"A human life is priceless... and in its own way, so is that license. That is the souls of our company. It contains the very heart and soul of Mr. Natsume... who devoted his all to bringing that agency to our side. You nouveau riche types, heads stuffed with bales of cash. You could never obtain one that easily." Fukuzawa harshly said, having such a stern look on his face.

"'Money can't buy everything...' ..eh? The poor do enjoy that old saw," Fitzgerald says, feeling annoyed, "but act as strong as you want.. for no company can continue with its entire employee base gone. It will be far too late to change your mind once that happens."