Chapter 8

tw: drugs, sexual assault (not descriptive)

The Nightmare

"Earth to Lois!" Her friend's hand waved in front of her face.

Lois turned her attention to Lauren. "Sorry, what?"

Lauren laughed, "Damn babes, you need to get out of that head of yours!"

Lois smiled and shook her head. They had had a few drinks now and Lois was thinking about getting home.
"I think I should be heading—"

Lauren cut her off, "No! You can't go home now!"

"I'm tired."

"Come on, just another drink! It won't kill you!" Lauren yelled at her over the music in the club.

"You need to slow down!" Lois laughed. "I don't want to carry you home."

"I'm good I promise. You on the other hand are stone-cold sober. You deserve to have fun! After everything that's happened in the past weeks... blimey you need it."

Lois rolled her eyes at her friend and stood up off her stool at their booth. Lauren grabbed her arm moving Lois closer to her.

"Your father and your step-father died a month ago, Lois." Lauren was implying it was time to let go.

Lois turned to her and glared. "Lauren. Don't. Not now."

"You've been holding it all in. Let go for a few more hours. You need to or you'll go crazy." Lauren jumped off her seat and dragged Lois over to the huge bar in the middle of the nightclub.

Lois stood beside Lauren at the bar as her friend started to chat with a man at the bar as Lauren bought herself another drink. Lois rolled her eyes, she was such a horrible flirt.

"This is Lois. Lou, this is Henry."

Lois smiled politely, "Nice to meet you, Henry."

He nodded and looked back at her friend. Lois smiled more, he seemed to be really into Lauren. Her horrible flirting had him whipped already.

"Henry and I are going to dance. Will you be alright?" Lauren turned to her.

"Yeah. Have fun."

"Here's my drink. You can have it." She passed her a full glass of something mixed and fruity.

Lois sighed and took a sip of her new drink as she watched Lauren drag Henry across the dance floor. Lois felt the presence of a man step up beside her. She turned to look up at him. He was cute and blonde.

"Hi, I'm ... " his mouth moved, but his name was silent. He held his hand out for her to shake.

Lois found that funny and decided to shake his outreached hand. "Hi."

"What's your name?" He asked, leaning against the bar.

"Lois."