Chapter 27: Like

Bella

Bella: Gotta skip this week.

It was a regular routine now. During the weekdays, we'd hook up in cars or in secluded locations we'd gotten really used to finding. But the weekends where my parents were out were my favorites. For a couple months now, he'd come over every other week on Fridays and then stay until Sunday.

He said his mom was getting along with an older gentleman a couple floors above so she was out of the house more, having a good time, which meant he could stay with me more. He seemed to think it was a romantic kind of relationship.

One time he even had to hide in my closet for half an hour because Christian showed up unexpectedly to hang out with me. After that, I repaid him by sucking him off in the shower which he proclaimed as 'a blowjob for the history books'.

Some days, we'd have sex three times a day but then some days, we just... co-existed.

It was blissful, really. I introduced him to movies he'd never seen before and forced him to listen to my favorite music. He didn't like most of the romantic comedies I showed him and made me watch other stuff he considered "classics"— they were all in French. Sometimes he'd put on subtitles, but I really liked when I'd lay between his legs, resting against his chest, and he'd whisper the translations in my ear.

One day, I finally taught him how to make pasta from scratch. He taught me how to make the most filling meal with a budget of $10 only.

When I went shopping, I tried all my new clothes on in front of him, giving him a little fashion show. He'd sit back on my bed and either grin or give me a "meh". I noticed that the "meh" outfits were the ones that covered me up less than the ones that met his approval. He didn't want anyone seeing more of me than he liked.

So much so that when I posted a picture of me in a bikini on my story one day that he pissed me off, he—after making a Snapchat just for me—swiped up with a I saw this, so you can take it down now and I'm on my way and that was that.

I asked him if he thought Damon and my sister were finally ever going to get their shit together. He said they would, it was just a matter of Damon getting over his fear that people who get close to him get hurt. It was why he was so fiercely protective of his baby sister, the girl with the purest heart.

I asked him if he ever thought Christian would slow down and stop killing himself with work. He said he would when he found someone to make him do that. He said Christian was too afraid of people leaving him once they saw his temper, so much so that he didn't ever let anyone in but that there was someone who'd stand by him no matter what. When I asked him who, he just smiled and said the answer was closer to me than I thought.

I asked him if Ariadne would get into medical school. He said she would, without a single trace of doubt in his mind. He even said she'd go into pediatrics.

I asked him if Robyn would ever find someone who loved her as much as she loved everyone around her. He said she would, and that person would give up everything they had in their entire life just to see a smile and those freckles on her face.

I asked him what my future looked like. He said I'd accomplish every single thing I ever set my mind to and I would have everything I ever wanted. When I asked him what would happen if I didn't, he said he'd make sure I did.

He didn't answer however, when I asked him about his own future. He said he didn't think that far ahead because in his life, he'd always had to live from day to day. It was the only sliver into his history I'd ever heard from his mouth. I didn't push any further.