chapter 05 : A Cold Night

After graduation, they still had one week free to celebrate. And in that one short week, Lizzy and Eren were married.

They live together in a small house that Grandpa Arlert had bought one year before he left. He didn't want his grandchildren to stay in the refugee forever, so with the savings (money) that he could take before leaving Shiganshina, he spent to buy the house.

The house is very small, there are only two floor and seems really empty.

Mikasa and Armin are downstairs now whereas now Lizzy and Eren who just got married are upstairs. Armin, who divided it like that, said they didn't want to disturb us.

What does he mean ?! What do we want to do? Thought Lizzy.

Eren is in the next room, they haven't spoken yet. Huft, I don't know how he feels, how does he respond to this marriage? Lizzy thought.

She thought she should take a shower first

She turned on the shower and let the water fall down her head, making her bushy blonde hair suddenly deflate straight and wet.

In there, she thought again: It's just married, right? Just a change in status? But why hasn't Eren said anything?

Our last conversation when we made a deal? That was a week ago

What should we do after marriage?

According to what I've read in the book ..

No!!

She immediately turned off the water tap quickly and took a towel covering her body. She was shivering, she was afraid of her own thoughts

She doesn't want ...

Then there was a knock on the door, the bathroom door itself.

"Lizzy? You.. are you okay?"

She heard Eren's voice, his voice was soft, she immediately turned her head towards the door which was still closed.

Lizzy bit her lip, "No, I'm fine. Im taking a shower," She replied from within.

"O-Oh .. Sorry, okay," said Eren from outside.

That's Eren, thank goodness, he already wants to talk. Lizzy said to herself.

B-Bathing
Ok, so in there Lizzy is taking a shower.

How long does it take?
What are you freaking out about? How come the bath takes a long time, of course, right? She's a girl

What exactly are you thinking about?

But since that deal, I haven't spoken to Lizzy

Lizzy, what do you think?

Eren battled with his own thoughts for a few moments until a "click" sounded that the bathroom door had been opened and Lizzy came out. She's already wearing her pajamas

"Eh-em?"

"Sorry I took a bath too long," said Lizzy.

Eren raised his hand to scratch the back of his neck, "N-no.. Today is tiring, you may need a little more time in the bathroom,"

"Em, yeah," she muttered. Looks like Eren is okay? He looks calmer than me. Lizzy thought.

And as usual, Eren's smile seemed to say that they would be fine. "I finished taking a shower," said Lizzy.

"Er- then you can go to the room first," said Eren awkwardly.

Lizzy strode off and sat on the edge of the bed, "Em, let's sit here, Eren," she said with a pure smile, patted down the space besides her but suddenly stood up again and with a stutter she said, "Eh, not on the bed, of course not. Better on the sofa haha," She said all that very fast. And then she went first to the sofa and Eren followed after her.