Chapter 2 - Memorable Night

The mother flipping bottle pointed towards him. Gray gave me a questioning look and just for a moment, I saw him grin in the most cheeky way ever.

"Hand me the vodka." I stated

Gray stood up and walked towards me. I sat there, hugging on the blanket, still not sure this is happening.

"So, you'd rather not kiss me?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well-"

"Just kiss me. It's no big deal." He cut me off

I swear I could feel my cheeks warm up, I let out a sigh and finally stood up, seeing as he was very determined to not let it go. He inched closer and closer by the second. His arm now on my waist and mine on his shoulders. His lips parted as he placed them on mine.

At first, the kiss was tender and sweet, but then his tongue brushed on my lower lip, asking for entry which I allowed almost immediately.

We were kissing for what felt like ages and to make matters worse, we only pulled away when we were out of air. Our breaths were heavy and quick. Jaxon cleared his throat and murmured something along the lines of 'you have your room to yourselves, why not take it there'.

My friend is an idiot, honestly.

I got out of Gray's grip and sat back into my position from before...you know. He did the same and the night went on pretty smoothly, besides the thought that kept creeping into my mind,

I think he likes me back.

Or I'm just crazy.

He did say it's no big deal.

...

"Good morning sunshine." Grayson mumbled as he rubbed the sleep off of his eyes.

"Good morning Gr-."

Wait what

"Did you just call me sunshine?!" I asked, clearly confused

"Well yeah."he shrugged.

I felt my cheeks flush red. I get out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom, I take a warm shower and I forget that I didn't grab my clothes from the closet. I slowly open the bathroom door and peek through it, Gray is watching something. I can't tell what it is. I can't go out there looking like this.

"Uh, Gray. Can you get me my clothes in the closet" I finally blurt out. Gray just looks up at me, then back at the TV, completely ignoring me.

"Hellooo? Gray? Will you help or not?"

"Nope."he smirks

Unsure of what to do, I close the bathroom door and just sit there for a while. I suddenly hear muffled shuffling and a door opens and closes.

Now's my chance.

I swiftly open the door and try to sprint to the closet. The keyword is try.

I groan in pain as I had tripped over... Okay I'm just clumsy, I tripped on nothing and fell flat on my face. Gray suddenly walks in and gets into a laughing fit when he notices. I roll my eyes at him and stretch my hand out. He helps me up and stares me right in the eye. For a moment we were just looking each other in the eye. Until Jaxon walked in. And I ran towards the closet.

...

An hour and a half later

Everyone was at the beach just enjoying themselves. I got into the kitchen to grab a cider. I wore a beige two-piece swim suit and I was barefoot, since I left my flip flops outside.

I lean on the kitchen island which was situated right in the center. Once I was done with my drink, I grab another one and walk back outside. I sit on one of the chairs we placed on the sand, along with a few towels laid across it.

I don't like being alone. Everytime I'm alone, my mind plays around with memories. And not the good kind. It drowns me in sorrow and I can't get myself out of it. Thoughts are like quicksand, so is love. Everything is hopeless. I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by a familiar voice.

It was Gray.

"Why won't you join us?" he asks

"I'm good."

"Really? You look ridiculous sitting all alone" he chuckles

"I'd rather stay here." I say as I stand up to get another cider or maybe some vodka will wipe my sorrows away. I feel myself being swiftly picked up and I'm face to face with someone's butt. A particularly cute butt.

"Put me down!" I scream. I try my hardest to fight myself out of Gray's hold. But to my dismay, he's still carrying me over his shoulder. And my fit isn't even affecting him. I hear the splashing of the waves getting louder at each step. Omg, he's taking me to the water.

"Grayson Davis you better not be taking me to the water!"

He just chuckles.

"Put me down now!"

"You want me to put you down?" he asks

"Yes!"

"Okay"

He throws me off his shoulder and into the water. After struggling for a few minutes, I'm finally at the surface having a coughing fit. While Grayson and all my friends are laughing their asses off. I glare at all of them, and all of a sudden I'm laughing with them.

The rest of the day goes by with all of us in a small circle around the fire. We were singing a few tunes and we really enjoyed it.

It was a memorable night.