Together At Heart (31)

(Harry's POV) 

The whole time I was eating dinner with Megan, I was staring at my phone on edge, I'm uncomfortable with the situation that's happening between Layla and I. Especially now because of this video. 

"Hello?" Megan looks at me. I'm zoned out and staring at my phone on the table beside my plate. It's face down, maybe that's a good thing. "Hello?" she raises her voice, catching my attention. 

"S-sorry. I was distracted". I rub my arm. I want this dinner to end.

"I could tell. Something wrong?" Megan clears her throat. I can tell she is annoyed, but I just don't have time for this.

"Everything's fine, I'm just really tired". I sigh. Megan gets the hint and gathers her things. 

"Thanks for wasting my time" she slams the door on her way out. I pick up my phone and call Layla. 

(Layla's POV)

"Everything all good?" Zoe grabs my arm.

"I need to find Harry, now!" I storm through the road and find the exit. I run into bunches of drunk and sweaty people before breathing in fresh air outside. 

"Wait up" Zoe stumbles behind me. "What the hell happened?" She giggles slightly, a few sips of her drink already has her a little tipsy. 

"Watch this" I flash my phone to Zoe. I can see the shock and anger on her face. "I know what hotel and what room so, I'm going". I grab my phone off of Zoe and sigh. "I need to talk to him. I need a real face to face conversation, it's not about who did what anymore. I need to know if he loves me and if what we have can be fixed". Tears begin to pool in my eyes. The reflections from the city lights blind me. "I just need to talk to him ok. I'll get you a cab home". I open my phone to the Uber app. 

"No need" Zoe interrupts me. She waves to a group of girls who are walking towards us.

"Huh?" I turn around to the group. 

"Hey Zoe, we are about to go out for dinner and the go to Kylie's. Wanna come?" A tall girl asks. 

"Of course" Zoe smiles, she turns to face me and I nod my head.

"I'll call you after I talk to Harry" I smile before crossing the street. I follow google maps until I'm standing out the front of the hotel reception. I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance, a storm was coming for both Brisbane, and Harry.

I step inside the elevator and adjust my outfit and hair. I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to say it. My thoughts are interrupted by the ding of the elevator. I step outside and walk down the corridor. I turn left and see the mystery woman from the video walking from his room. "Hey, you" I stop her. She looks me up and down and scrunches her eyebrows. 

"What" she crosses her arms. 

"What were you doing with Harry just now?" I try to stay composed. For all I know, I know nothing. I can't accuse her if she hasn't done anything. 

"I invited myself over for dinner and that's all. The whole time he was staring at his phone like he was waiting for someone to call". She scoffs. I nod my head and walk up to the door. I open it and close it behind me, locking it. I stand there staring at Harry, his phone in his hand staring at me from the other side of the room.  

"What-How?" He stutters. 

"I saw the video of you and that girl, I just met her in the hallway actually. I know nothing happened between you two". I take a deep breath in and walk closer to him, dropping my bag and coat on the table. "Just tell me. Why did you need to have dinner with someone? Do you even care anymore or are we just over?" I stand in front of him. My emotions exposed, I stare out of the window and watch the rain flicker from the city lights on the window. 

"I will explain everything to you, I swear. I just. I'm not good at expressing my feelings-"

"I know". I Interrupt him. "Just talk to me, say something Harry otherwise, I'm walking out of that door and we're done" I lay it out bare. I'm done messing around. I sit down on the small couch and he sits down next to me. 

"Milly told me that night, after she talked about you and Jesse, that I needed someone who was honest and loyal. She also continued to say that she was that person. I know how badly I fucked up cheating on you, trust me I know. So much about both of our lives is just out there and publicised, I can't put how fucking sorry I am and how much it's killing me that I hurt you into words". He chokes a little bit. I know everything he is saying is genuine and I believe him. I just don't know if I can forgive him. "I found everything that I was supposed to and I ruined it" he places his hand on mine. Our hands intertwine and a tear rolls down my face.

"Fuck Harry, this is actually killing me". I let go of his hand and wipe my face. "I love you so much, but you're also the source of my heartache right now and it's confusing the fuck out of me. Why did you have dinner with that girl?" I snark.

"We just randomly started talking and the way she looked, spoke and acted was just like you. It gave me a feeling of safeness and familiarity that I couldn't deny. It felt like you were right there and I grabbed onto that feeling" he states. 

"I forgive you. I forgive you for cheating on me. I forgive you for having dinner with that girl". I sigh. His face expression changes, I can tell he feels hope. "But I need time". Those dreaded words escape my mouth. As much as I wanted to deny it, I couldn't. I need time if we are going to get back to how we were. We both sit in silence for a moment before he begins to speak.

"I'm flying home tomorrow. When you comeback, don't move out". Harry grabs my hand. "Please don't move out".

"I won't" I lay my hand on his cheek. 

"How are you getting home?" He holds me tight. 

"Zoe drove us here and she is out with her friends so I'll catch an Uber. Unless I can stay here, with you?" I look up to him.

"Of course, you take the bed and I'll sleep on the couch" he kisses my head.

"We can both share a bed, can't we?" I look him in the eyes. I don't know if we could share a bed and it not end in intimacy. I'm still angry, but post-argument sex, is the best kind...

Written 13-3-21

Published 14-3-21

Words 1179