Open Arms (68)

The bacon snaps loudly while spitting at me. Harry cracks three eggs into a bowl and begins to make scrambled eggs. The kettle emits large clouds of steam into the the air. "Do you think Freezy will eat all of this food?" I look over at Harry while he whisks the eggs back and forth.

"He'll eat a whole house when he's hungry" Harry laughs. He chucks two pieces of bread into the toaster and adds some herbs to the eggs.

"Even though he already knows, what do you think he'll say when we tell him we're trying now". I flip the bacon over and begin making a cup of tea for Freezy.

"I think he'll be happy and wanting to help in someway" Harry walks over and kisses me. I smile back at him and continue cooking.

"We also need to think of some names" I bring up in conversation. I think it will be interesting to see what we both like and what we can agree on.

"Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that to be honest. There's just so much other stuff on my mind" Harry starts cooking the eggs. I step away from the bacon and stand behind him. I begin massaging his shoulders and neck area.

"I know there's a lot we need to do, but we're in this together. Don't ever think you're alone" I kiss the back of his neck and run one of my hands down his arm.

"I love you" Harry looks to the side to see my face. I lean my head around so our faces are almost touching.

"I love you too" I answer him with a grin.

"Why are you lot cooking so early?" Freezy stretches and shuffles over to the kitchen.

"We were going to surprise you with breakfast in bed". I smile at him.

"Cheers. I'll just go lay back down. See you in a bit" Freezy winks at Harry and they both laugh as he walks away. I hope Freezy isn't mad that we've began this process so soon. A lot of things are going to change and they'll change quicker than any of us thought.

- - -

Harry and I carry Freezy's food into his bedroom. He's filming us on his phone and talking,

"Look at these two, cooking their favourite person breakfast in bed. What champions" he laughs before turning his phone off. "I posted it on my instagram story if you wanted to see it" he rubs his hands together before taking a sip of his tea. Harry and I both look at each other, trying to communicate with our eyes. "Ok so the reason for you guys cooking me breakfast is?" Freezy raises his eyebrows at the both of us. Harry looks at me, indicating that I should speak.

"Harry told me that you guys had a conversation about him and I having kids" I start the conversation off easy.

"Layla and I are going to start trying, now" Harry interrupts and goes straight to the point. We both look at Freezy and his mouth slightly drops.

"So this is all going to start happening, like right now" Freezy has a questioning look on his face.

"Yes. Harry and I are going to be looking at places to move as of now. Once I fall pregnant, we can't stay here and fill you and your space with our family stuff. I just hope you're not angry that we're trying so soon". I give Freezy a small smile. I hope he's not angry.

"Are you kidding?" Freezy has no emotion on his face. I'm really worried now. "I'm going to be an uncle and fuck Harry, you're going to be a Dad!" Freezy smiles and laughs. I laugh and sigh with relief. This conversation could of went a totally different way.

"Uncle Freezy" Harry laughs. Freezy nods his head and flashes Harry a serious look. He's not joking about being an uncle, he's really excited.

"So are you guys going to tell anyone else?" Freezy throws a piece of bacon in his mouth and tries to chew quietly.

"Usually when you're pregnant you wait until the 11-12 week area before you tell everyone, but we're telling you now that we're trying because it kind of involves you". I answer him. Freezy nods his head and raises his mug into the air.

"Well cheers. To trying to be parents" he smiles before having a huge drink of his tea. "Harold. Have a shower and get dressed. You and I are going house shopping" Freezy finishes his breakfast.

"Sorry, what?" I look at him.

"Harry and I will scope some places out and then you guys can visit them and talk about it" Freezy pats me on the back before leaving his bedroom with Harry. I smile to myself and think about how excited Freezy is. Everything is going just as we planned so far.

- - -

The boys have been "house shopping" for 2 hours. I had a shower and made myself some breakfast. I've decided to pack some things up, even it's just small items. Once Harry and I decide on a house and make a deposit, things may move quickly. I just figured it would be better to have some stuff prepared than us running around trying to gather everything last minute.

I walk into my room and start packing things off my desk into my room. I come across several stacks of photos. I remember I printed these off a while ago.

I flick through each photo and reminisce on the memories attached to the image. A photo of the group in a club somewhere in Dubai is sitting in my hands. I caress the side of the photo with my thumb. That was before all the cheating drama, Jordan drama, Zoe passing away and my accident. I still wouldn't change it for anything. I have been trying to accept that everything happens for a reason, even death. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it'll get easier with time. I know it will.

My phone dings and I walk over to answer. I sit the stack of photos on my bedside table and pick up my phone.

Harry-No perfect houses today. Freezy and I are bringing home lunch. See you soon x

Layla-No worries, see you soon x

I place my phone back down and lay on my bed. I stare at my roof and smile. I get lost for a moment, before my phone dings again. I sigh and get back up to answer it. I have a notification from my ovulation app. "And the verdict is" I chatter my teeth before opening the app. I stare at the screen and smile. "Your window is open, the chance of conceiving is at its peak" I read the app notification out loud. I stand in the mirror and lift my shirt up. I place a hand on my stomach and smile. I know there's nothing there right now, but there could be.

Written 5-5-21
Published 7-5-21
Words 1180