Dear Layla... (45)

(Layla's POV)
"What are you doing here?" I ask Jordan. I have no idea why he is here or what he thinks coming here will accomplish. He seemed pretty angry last time we spoke, and I'm not in the mood to have an argument right now.

"I brought all of your stuff" He snarks at me. I peer out of the hallway and see boxes and bags stacked outside of my door.

"Wait, you brought all of this up the elevator?" I question him. Why would he even do that?

"It may have taken a while but yes. All of its here so you don't ever have to come back to my apartment ever again" Jordan gives me a nasty look before drawing his attention to Harry. "Nice seeing you again mate. Are you going to be a dick to me this time like you were on the plane?" Jordan smiles at him. It's not a nice smile. It's an angry pissed off smile.

"Back off Jordan. Thank you for bringing my stuff, but can you leave. This isn't really appropriate" I interrupt before Harry kicks off.

"Appropriate?" He laughs. "Says the one who wrote me a letter". He looks me up and down.

"I'll admit, it might not have been the best way to handle things, but we couldn't have a face to face conversation. Not while you're angry". I try to reason with him.

"Right whatever. Have this" He throws a piece of paper at me. "Take that and your shit that's outside the door, and never speak to me again". He yells before shutting the door. I pickup the paper and see my name written in the front. For a moment I'm confused. I stare at the paper while thinking and reflecting on what just happened.

I put two and two together and realise, it's a letter. He is getting back at me by writing me a letter.

"You wrote him a letter?" Harry looks at me confused.

"Yeah, after you called me and I decided to come here, I wrote him a letter apologising and wishing him well. Which obviously didn't sit the way I hoped it would.

"Why would he be angry?" Harry tries to comfort me.

"There's something we should talk about Harry" I sit down on the lounge. Harry pauses for a moment before sitting down next to me. "We didn't kiss or hookup but, some feelings evolved. I won't lie, we both had grown feelings for each other and I was attracted to him. He treated me like a queen and offered me so much while I was with him. I just didn't realise how strong his feelings were for me until a few days ago". I explain to Harry. "I'm going to be honest with you because if this relationship is going to work, we need to be honest". I hold his hand.

"I'm not angry or mad, and I'm glad you told me" He embraces my hand and smiles. "I understand how after I pushed you away, you were drawn to him and the way he treated you". He swallows. Harry is still embarrassed and guilty for his actions in Australia. "At least now you don't have to move everything" Harry laughs slightly.

"True, that's a plus. I just wish things weren't so complicated". I sigh. Harry and I both sit on the lounge for a few moments just enjoying each others company and winding down after the whole situation.

"We better bring your stuff inside" Harry kisses me on the head. I nod and we begin to bring the boxes and bags into my room.

"Holy crap" I put my hand over my mouth. I cannot believe what is in-front of me right now.

"What is it?" Harry rushes over to me.

"All of my built furniture is now dismantled and in boxes" I pickup the legs to my vanity from a box and stand there in pure shock.

"So he really is mad" Harry laughs.

"I guess so" I agree with him. The letter Jordan wrote is in my hoodie pocket and I'm not going to open it until I'm alone. I don't think Harry saw the letter, and I would like to keep it that way.

(Jordan's POV)

I'm back at my apartment and I'm furious. I fall for women hard and fast. I really could picture myself with her and she didn't feel a single thing back. I don't understand for the life of me why she would forgive him. It was so soon. They broke up a month and 3 weeks ago, she moved out and lived with me for a week, and now she's back there. What does a week even do? How did she just forgive him in a week?

---

(Layla's POV)

Harry is dead asleep in his bed. He helped me build my bed, vanity, desk and chair for my room. It took us 3 hours to build everything, so I get why he is tired. I throw a fluffy blanket over him and close his bedroom door. I walk into my bedroom and shut the door.

I Immediately sit on my bed and open Jordan's letter. I'll be honest, I'm petrified of what is on this piece of paper. It reads,

Dear Layla,

As much as I hate reading your feelings from a piece of paper, I kind of understand. Not completely, but just enough. Yes I'm angry. I'm not angry at you or the situation, I'm angry at myself for thinking we could have a future. I fall for beautiful women hard and fast. I really started to imagine a life with you.

From the first time I saw you on that plane, to the cafe and when you moved in, I have adored your personality and the human you have become. It's hard to meet real, genuine souls like yours.

As much as I would love to let this go and move on, I simply cannot. Harry's reputation precedes him and you have forgiven him too soon in my opinion. I understand to my knowledge that he only cheated on you once, but once is too much. No one should ever turn to emotional abuse to end or complicate a relationship. That man cheated on you and it was swept under the rug. You're probably confused by 'swept under the rug'.

You broke up with him a month and 3 weeks ago, then you moved out and moved in with me. You moved in for a week, and now you're back there. Please explain to me, what a week does? I understand your heart belongs with him, but how did a week cure your hurt, your pain, your suffering and your confusion?

How did a week cure him of lying, cheating and manipulating his position in your relationship? I'm looking out for you. I care about you and your feelings. Harry is a young boy who is young at heart. He wants to live wild and free.

When you're ready for a man, I'll be waiting.

-Jordan

I fold the piece of paper back up and take a second to process what has been written. It's heavy, its deep and I can feel that it came from a hard place. I know why I forgave him, why I moved past it so quickly, and why no love will ever compare to my love for Harry. I just know that Jordan will never understand...

Written 2-4-21

Published 3-4-21

Words 1407

(Could you guys also read my new description for my story. I changed it and I want to know what you guys think. I'll copy and paste it and put it down below so you don't have to go onto my account if you don't want to or if you can't be bothered x)
New Description:

Love. Trust. Anger. Betrayal.
We all do stupid and abnormal things for the ones we love. Usually it's just as simple as two people meeting, dating, falling in love and then living happily ever after right? Wrong.

Layla and Harry aren't just simple, average beings. Being two very popular youtubers with their whole lives online, will they build an intense attraction? Or will it crumble to oblivion?

How they start? Wild.
How they continue? Full speed ahead.
How it ends? Start at the beginning.
Chapter 1-Birthday Things.

(Let me know what you guys think! xx)