Fight or Flight (97)

I was up for most of the night booking a flight for 7am. While Harry was sleeping, I somehow managed to pack a suitcase without waking him up. I guess the fact the he's a heavy sleeper helped a lot. It's now 5am and I've just had breakfast. I'm going to catch an uber from our apartment to the airport in 30 minutes. This is super rushed, but I just need to get away.

I will probably already be gone by the time Harry wakes up because he sleeps in until like 11am, so I'll send him a text when I get on the plane. That way, he can't talk me out of going or try to catch the plane with me.

It's kind of strange to just be doing this out of the blue, but my parents always told me to do what I thought was right. So I'm doing that. Going over for a visit is the right thing. I've texted some of my old friends and only one of them, Becki, is available to catch up. The other 4 girls have moved to Sydney and Melbourne and have a busy schedule.

"Why are you up so early?" Freezy walks into the kitchen and begins preparing breakfast.

"Why are you up so early?" I look at what he's wearing. He's wearing gym clothes, so I assume he's going to the gym.

"I'm heading to the gym for an early workout, what about you?" He places a pan on the stove and turns the heat on.

"I'm going to Australia, my flight is in roughly 2 hours" I pick up my glass of water and take a long sip while Freezy stares at me with his eyes widened.

"Since when?" He continues to look at me the same way.

"Last night. It's a long story but I need to speak with my parents face to face about some stuff" I answer short and sweet without giving away too much information.

"Is Harry going with you?" Freezy cracks two eggs into the pan and throws the shells in the bin.

"He doesn't even know that I'm going. When he wakes up I'll be gone" I stack my plate and glass on the edge of the sink. Freezy grabs my arm slightly and gives me the look of, 'are you serious?'.

"I know that when you set your mind to something you get is done quickly, but are you serious? That's not really fair on Harry" Freezy continues to try and talk some sense into me.

"I know it's not really fair but if I tell him, he will try and come with me or stop me from going and I just need to go. I need a week or two so I can clear my head and get some things in order. Harry could also use some time to think about things. Just take care of him for me" I hug Freezy and begin rolling my suitcase to the apartment door.

"Alright, have fun" Freezy sighs at me, knowing that this won't go down well between Harry and I when he wakes up to find that I'm half way to the other side of the world.

- - -

I sit down in my seat and stare out of the window. I look at the airport and the other planes around us. All of the people going in, going out. Its a busy world we live in these days. So many places to go, so many things to achieve. Millions, billions of people going from place to place for several different reasons.

"Layla?" My name is called out by a deep voice. Looking to my right, I notice a man seated next to me. His hair is wavy blonde and he sits tall. His eyes are a striking emerald green, which highlights his pearly white teeth.

"Sorry, do I know you?" I slide closer to the window in my seat. I'm not sure who this man is, but there's something about him that feels familiar. His voice reminds me of someone I used to know.

"What? Surely you remember me! I knew that losing all of that weight and taking care of myself would change my appearance, but I didn't realise how different I looked". The man chuckles. His laugh is adorable, and it's noticeable that he's a big sweetheart.