Eight

•|| 𝙲𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 ||•

Tonight, the bonds between them was torn in a blink of an eye. The bright circular moon shone down on their retreating figures as the invisible red string of fate between these childhood friends snapped into two.

An illusionary future between the four of them vanished where Hak and Yoru continued to protect Soo-Won and Yona in Hiryuu Castle.

Tonight, the moon cried for a future that would never happen, no matter how hard they tried.

•|| 𝙲𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 ||•

ℌ𝔲𝔰𝔥 𝔫𝔬𝔴, 𝔪𝔶 𝔟𝔞𝔟𝔶, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔶𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔡𝔬𝔫𝔢,
𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔰 𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔫,
𝔖𝔬 𝔩𝔞𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔡, 𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔴𝔫 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔢𝔴,
𝔉𝔬𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔟𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲.

"Mother." A young child with the brightest orange eyes one would ever lay their eyes upon on tugged on the tattered hems of her mother's dress. As expected, a much larger and stronger hands slapped hers away but not a whimper escaped the child's lips.

"What is it—" the mother snapped before her tense shoulders relaxed, kneeling down in front of her daughter and caressed the hand she hit. "— I'm sorry. My dear, I'm sorry..." She cupped the tinier hand in hers, kissing the red spot on her daughter's frail hand.

"It is okay, mother," the child assured. "I... wanted to hear you sing again."

And she smiled.

Her precious, precious daughter.

How she loved her and hated her all the same.

"And what would you like to hear, my dear?"

"... the dragon's lullaby."

Ah...

How she never wanted to hear about dragons ever again. But her dear sweet child asked and whatever she asked, she would do.

❝ℌ𝔲𝔰𝔥 𝔫𝔬𝔴, 𝔪𝔶 𝔟𝔞𝔟𝔶, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔶𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔡𝔬𝔫𝔢,
𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔰 𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔫,
𝔖𝔬 𝔩𝔞𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔡, 𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔴𝔫 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔢𝔴,
𝔉𝔬𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔟𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲.❞

Her child's soft orange tresses swayed with the breeze, a low but sweet-sounding song of the wind causing her eyes to flutter shut. She stared at her child's peaceful expression, the words of the lullaby still dancing in the air.

❝𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪 𝔫𝔬𝔴, 𝔪𝔶 𝔟𝔞𝔟𝔶, 𝔬𝔣 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔲𝔡𝔰,
𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔡 𝔰𝔬 𝔥𝔦𝔤𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔰𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔰𝔬 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔡,
𝔉𝔬𝔯 ℑ 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔞 𝔰𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱 ℑ 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔢,
ℌ𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔟𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔰, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪'𝔰 𝔶𝔬𝔲.❞