One

•|| Orange ||•

•|| Orange ||•

dedicated to: well_fuck_you
VampireSiren
LizzysBookWorld19
cheesecake_bb
Crimson_ScarLet0711
IM-GOING-TO-KILL-YOU
IkuyaIsMyHubby

Days...

She couldn't remember just how many days it had been. The hike down the mountain path wore her down greatly. Hair as soft as silk and as orange as the dusk sky became tangled and clumped with dried blood and mud. Nothing filled her eyes but emptiness.

"Death..." she muttered under her breath. Trudging down the dirt path, her footsteps were weak and legs wobbled due to hunger and dehydration.

Nevermind having a life; if she could not find a purpose to live, she thought that only death would be the answer to what must be done to the shell she had left behind in this world. "I... only wish for death..."

The image of bloody corpses filled her mind. Eyes painted with terror haunted her nights, their screams endlessly echoing in her ears. The stench of blood clung to her senses, to her skin; in every crevices and crack in them.

Her throat burned from the cries she yelled. Bloodshot eyes warily glanced around, her vision not too focused due to exhaustion. "King Hiryuu..." she weakly utters, her voice filled with defeat. "... let me die, I beg of you." As if on cue, deep vicious growls came from the foliage.

A pack of wolves jumped out of the tall lush bushes... and starvation practically roared in their eyes as the pack eyed her weak and beaten down form. Foam bubbled out of their jaws, the growls becoming even louder as the wolves approached her in a steady pace.

No emotion flickered in her eyes.

Not terror.

Not fear.

Not dread.

She was simply an empty shell at this point.

A bitter laugh escaped her throat. "A shameful death in the jaws of wolves... I must have disappointed you greatly, my King..." No matter how hollow of a shell she might be at the moment, the idea of receiving such a manner of death made her think of how much she failed the Red King.

One wolf left the pack and pounced on her like the prey it was. It growled in eagerness, its jaw ready to sink in her tender flesh. It eyed her with great hunger. She could already imagine her flesh being ripped apart, her joints popping out of their socket as the pack fought over her.