Six

•||Yoru of the Crepuscle||•

•||Yoru of the
Crepuscle||•

Yoru yawned, a gentle cold breeze brushing passed her cheeks as she stretched her arms and arched her back. A nap on the roof hadn't been such a good idea, especially when it wasn't comfortable in the first place... why was she taking a nap there in the first place again? Oh, she yawned yet again, picking up the small sack beside her before jumping off the roof. M'Lord told me to go ahead and prepare for the princess' party...

The warrior stopped and looked at herself. Her once smooth silks were all scrunched up, creases marking almost every part of her clothes. Her short-styled hair certainly looked like a bird's nest even without seeing it in a mirror. A sting came from her cheek and she reached up to wipe away whatever it was that caused it. The warrior glowered at the grain-sized pebble in her hand before flicking it away in annoyance. How did that even get there?

Jumping down the small shack's roof (that she slept on with permission from the owners, of course), Yoru good-heartedly waved at the pair of young couple who had let her rest om their roof. Taking a few steps forward, she soon found her trusted stead, Kage, who neighed loudly, expressing his annoyance at his owner. The dusk-haired woman rolled her eyes before groaning when Kage's black mane slapped her straight on the face.

"Jeez," she grumbled in irritation. "Fine, fine, I'm sorry I made you wait." Kage gave her the look before she moaned yet again in frustration. "What a demanding horse you are."

Whack

🐤...

"Will you stop slapping me with your mane?!" Kage raised his muzzle before neighing like the royal horse he was (more like the DIVA he was). Yet again, Yoru rolled her eyes and went back to the shack, asking the young couple if they had a few carrots she could buy for Kage. The warrior stomped her way back, a small sack of carrots in her hold while muttering about how she shouldn't have had let Kage grow out his mane and let it stay short so he wouldn't have something to slap her with.

She shoved the sack at his muzzle before dropping it on the dirt road. "Eat." She said. "Then we'll head to the palace."

The next few hours of travel was spent in silence, the breeze making her sleepy yet again as a yawn escaped her lips. As soon as they arrived in town, almost everyone Yoru and Kage passed by greeted them with big grins on their lips. The warrior greeted them back but with much less enthusiasm as they did. She was a little bit exhausted from sitting for so long. Her back started aching an hour ago.

Not even ten minutes passed when the both of them finally reached the palace. The moment Yoru got off Kage, someone threw themselves at her and caused her to lose her balance. Fortunately, Yoru caught herself before she fell. "You're late!" Dusk-colored eyes met amethyst ones and Yoru found the princess pouting up at her, the smaller girl's arms wrapped around her waist. "My apologies, princess. I got-" she hesitated whether or not she should say the exact reason why she was late to begin with. "- a little bit sidetracked on the road."