Three

•||Disaster||•

•||Disaster||•

A few years had come and go.

For Soo-Won, the bitter passing of his father left a deep mark in his heart. His father's death was... not honorable. With his heart closed off and a mind so sharp, he knew exactly what must be done. What he must do so deaths- murders- like his father's would never happen again.

He remembered that night as vivid as crystal, as clear as a cloudless sky. The shining sword pierced through flesh with ease. Blood sprayed violently from the wound as the sword let its victim bleed out rivers. It stained the floor, the silk curtains, the leaves that peeked through the window. It was over in a blink of an eye but the pain that emerged deep inside remained and grew into bitter hatred.

The image that night engraved itself in his mind and whenever he caught glimpses of the person who did it, a voice (subconscious, it provided) told him, whispered various things on how to murder that man the same way he murdered his father. Soo-Won had closed his heart that day, only keeping Yoru, Yona (as much as it pained him) and Hak close. He didn't know who was on his side. It terrified him to think that he might be alone in this world.

Even now as he turned fifteen years of age this year, the mere thought of being alone sent his heart racing. It was difficult to give his trust to people who trusted him. It was difficult to give his all when he didn't trust his men. For now, however, he was making progress. He managed to give Kye-Suk and Joo-Doh a chance to earn that trust. It was hard but they managed even for a bit.

The night sky kept him awake, the stars seemed to pull him out of bed and drag him outside to take a leisurely walk along the garden pond. The bright naked moon illuminated everything and it made everything more... magical, as odd as it sounded. "M'Lord." He blinked and glanced at the rooftops to see Yoru's crouched form, the moonlight behind her darkening her features but illuminating her dusk orange locks.

"Ah," he softly uttered. "Why are you still up, Yoru?" A soft breeze forced him to close his eyes due to dust and when he opened them, the woman who swore to be his shield and sword vanished from where she was last seen. A presence made itself known behind him, making him turn around. There she was, sitting near the pond. "It is me who should ask you that question, m'lord." Soft laughter escaped his lips.

"My apologies for laughing so suddenly."

"You're forgiven."

Soo-Won smiled, albeit rather goofily. "Nightmares woke me up," He said. "It's rather silly of me to be... unnerved by childish nightmares." Being weak in front of her didn't suit well with him, he would much rather put up a brave front for Yoru. "There's nothing silly about them." Her words snapped him out of his thoughts. He blinked before approaching her with silent footsteps.