the beauty of sunrise

REASON #2: THE BEAUTY OF SUNRISE

"Wear your helmet!" You stumbled on your feet before Rukawa could even move his head away, you were quick to follow him, you put his helmet on earning a scowl from him

"Wear your helmet!" You stumbled on your feet before Rukawa could even move his head away, you were quick to follow him, you put his helmet on earning a scowl from him. You chuckled in amusement, whenever he scowls you always find it somehow amusing.

Rukawa never liked putting on his helmet. Because it flattens his hair, and the strap below his chin is a real struggle for him, but if putting a helmet on, means having the chance to have early morning rides with his girlfriend, he didn't see the point to refuse it.

Every bike rides with Rukawa cost a lot of effort to happen. You even have to drag his ass out of his bed, be a morning person, just to enjoy the sunrise with him. The sun is not even there yet when the two of you rode your bikes along with a different neighborhood.

"Don't fall asleep!" You reminded him, and he only gave you a lazy nod as a reply. You laughed seeing how he tried his best not to doze off.

The two of you decided to went to a hill near your neighborhood, you had a hard time pedaling your bike to reach the peak, but you know that it will be worth it once the two of you reach the top and have the chance to see a clear sight of the rising sun.

However, it was really hard to keep up, Rukawa is an athlete, and you have to admit it, you're lazier than he is because Rukawa is not exactly lazy, he just sleeps a lot, but he's hardworking.

"You good?" He finally asked, and was immediate to cover his mouth to yawn. You sighed, you've been waiting for him to check you out, and he asked when he's already near the top.

He had to stop himself from looking at you from a distance. He made sure to keep his smile by himself while watching you struggle. Why does he love to watch you struggle this much?

"Just help me out," you whispered, panting.

But, it seems like he didn't hear you because he just continues to pedal until he was nowhere to be seen. The sun is almost rising and you're afraid that your intimate plan to watch the sunrise with your boyfriend is fuck up because he won't help you and you're not sporty as you think.

That's what you thought.

Rukawa had his bike parked first before he starts to walk back in your direction. You looked up to see your boyfriend with his eyes sleepy, you stared at him soulfully noticing the two hands kept in the pockets of his jacket. He wears the hood of it, you smiled.

Why does he love to watch you struggle this much?

Because, whenever you're struggling with something, he felt like it was his chance to help you out this time. That you're not the only one who helps and cares all the time. That, whenever you're struggling, Rukawa felt like you need him for the first time in a while.

It was normal for him to have you take care of him all the time. Ever since middle school, whenever he's confused, frustrated, exhausted, and devastated. Whenever he's sick and in need of care. Even if he's bad at showing his feelings, even if he's confused and clueless most of the time, he still has you to take care of him.

And with all the little things, you've contributed to your guy's relationship, he won't be happy unless he does the same. Unless you receive what you've been giving him.

"I guess, I'll just have to ride with you?" He manages to ask, he took the bike from you and made you sit on the back. He looked back at you once to wipe the sweat forming in your forehead before he starts to pedal your bike.

"Hold on tight."

With your arms wrapped around his torso, and Rukawa's unquestionable speed and strength the two of you managed to reach the top before the sun even rises.

You were in awe, eyes filled with amusement. Rukawa's eyes are focus on you instead of the breathtaking view from the clear sight of the rising sun. For him, there is more beautiful than watching the sun rises.

He never understands, why do you have the same genuine and amused reaction every time you see the sun rising, and how he always found himself just staring at you instead of what you have your attention to.

"Sunrise is really... wonderful."

But, even though he doesn't understand one bit, he will continue this silly and early morning bike rides with you just to see the amusement in your eyes.