basketball shoes

REASON #6: BASKETBALL SHOES

"What do you mean you need one?"

Kaede's parents are out of town for their work. His mother is now on the line and there's an ongoing phone call between the two of them. A while ago, he noticed a tear on his basketball shoes. It already looks worn out since he's been using it since the first month of their school year.

"You're in the city," he said. "That means there's a lot of shops there okaasan." He added. His mother only gave him a heavy sigh. She sounds tired, but he shrugs it off.

"Kaede, we're here for work not to go shopping you know that right?" She reminded him.

When his mother heard nothing from him for a brief of seconds, she gave up.

He is such a spoiled boy.

"Fine." She said, giving up. A son's silent treatment isn't great after all. Knowing Kaede who rarely really asks for anything, she can never resist her son. "But then, you'll go here and buy yourself shoes. I'll buy you two tickets, how about you take (y/n)-chan here for a date too?"

"No, that would just be a pain-"

"No basketball shoes then."

He groaned.

"Fine, okaasan. We'll go the next day," he sighed, still thankful tho.

He really thinks that he can escape his mother's retorts but he didn't. It seems like after that call, you were already aware. The day after the tickets were sent, he forced himself to wake up early to avoid the enormous traffic in the city. He never told you about it, it's weekends and for sure there will be a lot of people. And he can imagine the worse and possible scenario if he goes shopping with you.

You'll get lost, he just knew it.

However, being the stubborn girl you are, and advancing high enough than your lazy boyfriend. His mother informed you about it right exactly after their call ended. And the day, Kaede woke up for shopping, you're already in the kitchen with a phone in your hand, a smile beaming brightly at him.

"What are you doing here?" He groaned. "Don't tell me-"

"A date consists of two people unless you're just treating yourself alone."

You glared at him.

"Did you magically become single, Rukawa-san?"

His eyebrows furrowing, getting you at some point. It's visible in your face that you're mad about it.

"Or... perhaps you really want to be single that much?"

You chuckled when you get nothing as an answer.

"I mean, we can talk about it-"

He lost it. He hates it when you tease him and he can't get back at you. How sensitive. Because before you could even finish your sentence, one of his arms was wrapped in your forehead, dragging you out of his house. You smiled in delight and a teasing way. But not forgetting the fact that he really didn't plan on bringing you with him.

The two of you made it to the train station, he was resting his head on your shoulder with his earphones on when you move and shove his head. Some people were looking at the two of you, he sent you glares, but as if it bothered you.

"Rest on the window instead." You rolled your eyes.

Though he didn't listen much because he forced you to lean at his shoulder instead, his left arm wrapped around your waist pulling you closer to him more. And you gave up, and end up leaning on his shoulder. A few more minutes after that you felt his head falling on the top of yours. A few and small snores escape.

He didn't like PDA, but he was well aware that you're mad at him.

You stayed awake to make sure that you guys won't be dropping off the wrong station.

As his head stayed still in yours, you're starting to felt numb.

You sighed.

Few more minutes, (y/n).

As someone announced the train's arrival at the station, you kicked his left leg that's basically weighing on you to wake him up. It's not the best way to wake him up, but he better not be mad since you're mad too.

He lets out a grunt and a hiss, you shove his head and stood up, he almost lost his balance, you regret that part a bit. Since he looks awful at that part.

When Kaede finally came out of the train, he got ahold of your wrist and entwined his fingers with yours. You glared at him, his sleepy eyes remained to stare at you, you then felt him shove his hand that was entwined with yours in the pocket of his dark purple hoodie.

"You're such a mean girlfriend." He whispered, his other hand brushing his hair off through running his fingers on it and combing it backward. You stopped yourself from letting out a gasp when you saw a glimpse of his forehead.

You rolled your eyes, but half of you is hiding your melting side, why did he have to look so hot while saying that?

Unfair.

This is unfair because you realized that... one move, once sentence, you're no longer mad at him.

"The unfairness this relationship has, I can't-" you said and fanned yourself.