☀️Chapter Thirteen☀️

There was a bang of thunder joined by the quick flash of lightning. Gabriel was dressed in a black oversized hoodie and baggy trousers, his curls a mess, body shaking in fear. Ash was peacefully sleeping. Well, there was only one solution, girlfriend cuddles. He smiled and felt his cheeks go a little red. He put his hand lightly on Ash's shoulder, or the best he could with his sleeves over his shaking hands, and shook it. Another bang of thunder and Gabriel whimpered quietly.
Apparently this was enough to wake Ash.
"Can you- can you cuddle me tonight?" Gabriel asked half scared half begging. Ash's eyes narrowed in sympathy. She scooted closer to Gabriel before wrapping her arms around him. Gabriel did the same to her. Finally, the blueish grey eyes closed. He suddenly felt something running through his hair. Ash was stroking him.
"I love you, my warrior," She muttered as she and Gabriel fell asleep.

Daniel felt the warm night breeze ripple his long hair. He wondered when the sun would be up. Not for a while, it was midnight. He knew he couldn't hide his brother and his friends forever, no matter how much he wanted to. But then, what about that Ellegaard girl? She was everything he had wanted with a girlfri- PARTNER! Not girlfriend, for goodness sake, she probably wasn't even attracted to him in that way. And yet, he liked her so much.... If she was leaving, he would be coming with her. Arianna, what about her though? They'd lost Lydia and Arianna was autophobic. He heard a bang of thunder and flash of lightning. That wasn't good, Gabriel was terrified of thunder and lightning. Rightly so, considering he had seen their father die. But that was a different matter. What mattered was that Ash was close to his younger brother. He wondered whether they would get married one day. He noticed that Gabriel laughed more often now he was with Ash. She made him happy and that was all Daniel asked.
BANG! Thunder sounded again and small raindrops began to fall. Daniel headed back inside.

The next morning, Ivor, Ellegaard and Soren immediately came up to Gabriel, asking if he was okay and had the storm scared him. The warrior had reassured them that so long as Ash had been there and everything was alright. Jesse had come up to him a few moments later,
"Why were they so worried about you?"
Gabriel's cheeks tinted red with embarrassment and shame. What if Jesse and Lukas judged him? What if they mocked him for his phobia? "I'd rather not say, Jess..."
Jesse smiled, "You can trust me, I won't laugh or judge!"
Gabriel sighed, "F-fine," He stammered, "I'm terrified of thunder storms,"
Jesse hugged him, "And that's okay! It's like my godfather would have said-"
Gabriel cut her off, "It doesn't matter what you're afraid of, as long as you stay who you are?"