Episode 10

<the next day>

<4pm>

(Zach) Zach was walking downstairs on the phone with Lane.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yes I'm sure. You don't need to worry." Lane replies.

"You know I always worry." He said as he reaches the bottom of the steps.

"I promised I'd call if I wasn't didn't I?" She said.

He draws a breath. "Yes, okay, I trust that you will."

"Good." She said in a jokingly serious tone.

"I love you." He told her.

"I love you, too. Bye."

Their call ends and Rory approaches him as he walks towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" She asked curiously.

He turns around. "Zoey's. We got into an argument last night before I came in and I hung up on her so I'm going over there to see if she's okay."       

"Ok, but text me if you're gonna be home late." She said with a smirk on her face. Zach rolled his eyes playfully before he turned back to open the door.

<intro cuts in>

Zach approaches Zoey's house and sees her parents aren't home as expected. He knocks on the door but there was no answer. He noticed the lights were on and turns the door nob the door was unlocked. He steps in with caution and shuts the door behind him.

"Zoey?" He spoke.

He then makes his way upstairs and hears movement coming from Zoey's room.

"Zoey?" He repeats as he approaches her room.

He then turns and peers into her room. Zach froze in the doorway as he saw Zoey and Dave making out on the bed. After a moment Zoey opens her eyes and sees Zach standing their and immediately pushes Dave off of her. Dave turns to look at the doorway and his eyes widen.

<Before by Ulrik Munther starts playing>

"I-I should go." Dave stuttered nervously as he gets off the bed and quickly moves past Zach out of the room.

Zach just stood there looking at her trying to hold back his tears.

"The hell is this?" His voice cracked.

"I can explain." She said softly as she moved closer to him.

He reached his hand out motioning for her not to come any closer and backs away.

"Don't." He said before turning and leaving the room. He moved swiftly down the hallway as Zoey ran after him.

"Zach!" She exclaimed as they run down the stairs.

He swung the front door open and almost stumbled the porch steps.

"Zach stop!" She repeats, but he ignores her once again. "Zach, please!" She cries, but this time reaching for his hand.

He jerks her hand away and turns around.

"It's not what it looks like."

He then gives her the 'seriously' look.

"Okay, it's exactly what it looks like." She confesses.

He looks up and scoffs then looks at her.

"Look I was upset after last night-"

"So you go and cheat on me?" His voice cracked when he said that and his eyes filled with more tears.

"We were both upset and I called him over and one thing let to another-"

"And it just happened?"

"Zach-"

"Were you gonna sleep with him?" He asked firmly.

Zoey remained silent. She folded her arms and looked away sadly.

"Were you?" He asked again, but in a softer voice. She looked at him with sad eyes.

"Yes." She spoke lowly.

Zach closed his eyes allowing tears to flow down his cheeks. Zoey then began to cry.

"I am so sorry."

He looks down and draws a breath. He lets out a faint chuckle and she looks at him confused. He stops and begins to shake his head. He looked at her with the same sorrowful expression.

"Don't be sorry." He said.

She continued to look at him with confusion.

"I trusted you." He continued then scoffed. "My mistake." He concluded then turned and began walking away. She cried as she watched him leave.