Episode 11

<a month later> <Kim's antiques> <11am>

<<no pov>>

"Lane!" Mrs. Kim shouts.

"Coming mama!" Lane shouts back as she runs down the stairs.

She then walks into to the kitchen and sits down. Mrs. Kim places a plate in front of her and a plate across from her. Mrs. Kim takes her seat and begins eating.

"Mama I need to ask you something."

"Eat."

Lane takes a bite.

"What is your question?"

"I was wondering if...if it would be possible if...can I hangout with Rory today?" She finally asked.

Mrs. Kim didn't say anything at first.

"Have you thought about your
actions?"

"Yes mama."

"Will you do it again?"

"No mama."

"Who else will be joining you?"

"Zach and Dean."

"Dean?"

"Zach's friend."

"Right."

There was a long pause.

"Okay." She said.

"Okay?" Lane said with excitement.

Mrs. Kim nodded. "Yes now finish your breakfast."

Lane continues to eat her breakfast trying to wipe this stupid grin off her face.

<intro cuts in>

Lane approaches the Gilmore house and sees Rory, Zach, and Dean sitting on the porch waiting. Rory's face lit up when she saw Lane.

"You made it!" She exclaimed as she ran down the porch steps and runs up to Lane to hug her. Zach and Dean walk up to them. She and Rory pulled away.

"So are we ready to go?" Dean said.

"Yeah, let's do this!" Zach exclaimed as he walked backwards to the car with the three of them following behind.

<I like me better by Lauv starts playing>

The song plays as we get an outside shot of them on the road. After a few seconds the scene cuts to them arriving at six flags and going inside. They go on different rides, get hot chocolate, and Rory and Lane even got stuffed toys. Rory got a Looney Tunes Pork Pig Plush and Lane got a Looney Tunes Bugs Bunny plush.

<12pm> 

(Zoey) Zoey was sitting on the couch in her pjs watching tv. The front door opened and after a moment Taylor walks into he living room.

"Uh uh we are so not doing this." She says and walks over to where Zoey was and grabs the remote. She turns off the tv and Zoey shoots her a glare.

"Hey!" Zoey exclaims.

"I am not going to let you just sit around like this. Come on." Taylor says as she pulls Zoey off the couch. "You and I are going out."

"But-"

"No buts. Now go get dressed."

"Fine." Zoey pouts then walks off to her room.

(Chloe) Chloe is in the studio practicing to the same song with the same dance as before (Unstoppable by sia). As she dances Jenny walks in unnoticed and stands against the wall. She smiles as she watches her sister. After a few more seconds Chloe cuts the music in frustration. She turns around and smiles when she sees Jenny.

"I didn't even hear you come in." Chloe said as she walked to the table where her water bottle was sitting.

"I guess I'm just sneaky like that." Said as she followed her to the table. "Hey I need to ask you something." Jenny said with a more serious look on her face.

"What's up?" Chloe says before she takes a sip of her water.

"Are you okay financially speaking?" She asked.

Chloe swallows her water. "Yeah. Why?"

"I was just wondering."

"I told you I have it under control."

"I know I was just making sure."

A moment of silence goes by. "So I guess I'll see you at home then?"

"Yeah." Chloe replies. Jenny nods and starts walking towards the entrance.

"Hey." Chloe says. Jenny looks back at her. "If I do have any problems I'll let you know. I promise." She tells her. Jenny smiles and nods then continues out the door.

(Zoey) Zoey and Taylor enter the mall.    

"Are you sure this is such a good idea?" Zoey asks with a worried look on her face.

"Oh come on you love the mall!" Taylor says with a perky attitude.

Zoey remained silent with the same look on her face.

"You can't keep beating yourself up about it forever. You can't change the past so let's focus on the future." 

There was a pause.

"Okay?" She said as she sees Zoey starting to smile.

"Okay." Zoey says with a big smile.

"So where to first?" Zoey asked.

"Wherever you want. It's up to you."

The scene zooms out on them slowly as Zoey thinks. After a moment her face lights up and she grabs Taylor's hand

<Adore you by Harry styles starts playing at 1:46 in the song>

They go around the mall to different stores as they goofed around while trying on different accessories and clothes.

<the song fades out>

The two girls were walking in the parking lot with bags in their hands after a couple of hours of shopping.

Zoey lets out a sigh and says, "You were right, Tay. A day at the mall was just what I needed."

"Don't I know it babe." Taylor replied. Zoey chuckled. They load the bags into Taylor's car and get in.

"Where to next?" Taylor asked.

"How about a late lunch at Luke's?" Zoey replied. Taylor frowned. "What?"

"Nothing its just...Are you sure that's such a good idea?" Taylor asked.

Zoey nodded with a smile. "Yeah I'm sure."

"Okay then Luke's it is." Taylor says then starts the car.

<5pm>

(Chloe) Chloe turns off the shower and as she reaches for her towel she heard her phone start to ring. She wraps the towel around her before stepping out of the shower. She picks her phone up off the counter and answers it.

"Hello?" Chloe says.

"Hey! This is Samantha, the assistant manager at Dance Bliss."

"Right. Hey."

"I wanted to call you to inform you that we have not yet received this months pay"

"I thought I already sent you the check." "That was last month's check."

"Oh"

"So do you know when the next check will be sent in?"

"Um...no"

"Okay well until you know we will no longer accept you into the studio at this time."

"Are you sure I can't just send in this month's payment with next month's payment?"

"I'm sorry ma'am that is against out policy."

"Right...right yeah I understand."

"I have to go now, so if you have any follow up questions feel free to make an appointment on our website and we'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"Yeah okay."

The call ended and Chloe put her phone back down on the counter. She closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh.

(Zach) The four of them laughed as Zach was pulling up to the house.

"You should've seen your face!" Dean exclaimed.

"Well I haven't been on a rollercoaster in a long time so I wasn't prepared." Lane giggled.

"Are you sure your mom is okay with you spending the night?" Rory asked Lane.

"Yes I'm sure." Lane replied.

Zach looked out the window at the house and saw Zoey sitting on the porch steps.

Dean noticed and said, "Are you okay?" Which got Lane and Rory's attention. The two of them drew their attention to Zoey sitting on the porch steps.

"What is she doing here?" Rory asked.

Suddenly Zach opens the car door. "Zach!" Both Rory and Lane exlaim.

"Let him go." Dean says as Zach shuts the car door.

Zach walks calmly towards Zoey. Zoey then stands up as he gets closer.

"What are you doing here?" He asked calmly.

"I wanted to talk. Please just listen."

Zach hesitated but nodded.

"Zach I am so sorry. I really am. What happened between me and Dave was a mistake and I never should've called him over in the first place...I really did love you Zach. I still do. And I know you're probably never going to take me back after what I did but I just thought you should know." She told him.

There was a pause.

"You know what hurts the most? That this time it was real."

She could hear the pain in his voice.

"And you know what?" He said. "I forgive you."

She gave him a confused look. "Why?" She asked.

"I guess it's easier to forgive than to forget."

Zoey nodded. "I should probably go."

"Yeah...yeah you should."

Zoey moved passed him. Zach closed his eyes letting tears he had been holding back run down his cheeks. He looked up and took a deep breath. He then looked back down and started wiping his eyes.

The three of them were standing outside of the car together. After a moment Dean walks over to Zach.

"Zach?" Dean spoke.

Zach didn't say anything at first.

"Why?" Zach asked.

"Why what?"

"Why'd you do it? Why did you sneak out with me that night? You knew how much trouble you'd get in and yet you still did it."

Dean scoffed. "Did you seriously just ask me that? Because I love you, you idiot." He said. "Zach you are my best friend and I'd do anything for you you know that." He told him.

This was the first time Dean had ever said those words to him. Three simple words.

Zach smiled. "I love you too."

<8pm>

(Chloe) Chloe was finishing her night shift at the diner. She was wiping down the counter when she heard the doors open.

"We're closing, come back tomorrow." She said.

After a moment Chloe looked up.

"Grandma?" Chloe smiled. She put her rag down on the counter, walked around, and hugged her. "What are you doing here?" Chloe asked before pulling away.

"I wanted to see my granddaughter  of course." She replied. Chloe giggled.

"And you couldn't have waited until I got home?"

Her grandmother frowned.

"Well you're mother doesn't exactly know I'm here." Chloe furrowed her brows.

"What's going on?"

"Let's sit." She said as she directed them towards the table by the window. The two of them sat down across from each other.

"For the past couple of weeks I've been thinking a lot about you and Jenny and I would love if you and Jenny came to live with me in Philadelphia." Her grandmother told her

To be continued...