Episode 15

<easter weekend> <spring break>

<<no pov>>

<4:47pm>

Dean was sitting on his front porch staring down at his hands as he fiddled with them. He hears a car pull up in front of his house and perked his head up. He smiled big when he saw his girlfriend sitting in the passenger seat of the mini van.

Chloe turned to her grandmother. "I'll pick you up on Tuesday, yeah?" Her grandmother asked her.

"Sounds good." Chloe replied before opening her door.

Once she shut the door, she turned around and ran straight into Dean's arms. She threw her arms around his neck and he caught her by the waist lifting her feet off the ground. He spun her around then placed her gently back on the ground. She leaned in and kissed him passionately.

"I've missed you." She spoke out of breath.

"I've missed too." He replied as he pulled away from her. "So how's Philadelphia?" He asked. She shrugged. "That bad, huh?" He chuckled slightly.

"It's not bad it's just..." She let out a sigh. "I'm not used to change and living there is just so overwhelming." She told him. "The worst part of it being that you're not there."

He leaned in and pressed his lips against her temple. "I'm sure you'll adjust." He said. She started to nod.

"Come on." He cocked his head to the side as he reached for her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked as he led her to his car. "Anywhere you want."

<the intro cuts in>

Dean pulls into the parking lot of a building and parks. He furrows his eyebrows and looks at the building then at her.

"What are we doing here?" He asks.

"We're going to skate." She smiled.

"It's spring." He chuckled.

"So what? You can ice skate anytime."

"I guess." He shrugged.

Her smile grew. "Come on." She said as she opened her door.

<6:00pm>

Zach finished buttoning his shirt and adjusted his collar. He sucked in a deep breath then breathed out. He stared himself in the mirror and nodded before walking out of his room and down the steps.

Lorelai was in the living room helping Luke with his tie while Rory was in her room.

Zach walked down the hall and knocked on his sister's door before entering. When he opened the door she was sitting at her dresser putting on her earings. Her hair was curled and she wore a velvet emerald green knee high dress and white heels.

Rory glanced up in her mirror. "Hey!" She said as she got up from her chair.

"Any chance you're feeling nauseous or is that just me?" He asked.

"It's just your nerves." She smiled as she placed her hands on his shoulders. "You're going to be okay."

"I'm not so sure about that. I mean the last time I saw grandpa and dad I yelled at them. And tonight I have to meet Sherry. You know, dad's fiance. What is she even like?" He asked.

Rory shrugged. "She's nice I guess. I never really had the chance to have a one on one conversation with her." She replied.

Zach sighed. "Great. Just great." He said under his breath.

Luke appeared then behind them. "You two ready?" He asked.

"Yep!" Rory answered. She grabbed her purse and phone off her bed and the two of them walked out of her room.

Dean watched as Chloe danced on the ice. It was like she had done it a thousand times before. Every spin, every jump was perfect. She was perfect.

"See this wasn't so bad." She said as they skated next to each other on the ice.

"You're only saying that because you got to show off." He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I am having a good time though."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah and you were amazing today. I mean I've seen you dance but not like that."

Chloe blushed. "Thanks. That really means a lot."

"It's true. I don't know why your mom can't see it." He said. Chloe frowned. "Sorry, you probably don't want to talk about her." He apologized.

"It's fine It's just... she was so mad when we left and she doesn't exactly know that I'm here."

"Oh."

She shook her head. "Let's not talk about it."

"Okay." He nodded as he studied her sad expression.

<6:45pm>

Lorelai pulled up to her parent's driveway and put it in park. The four of them got out and walked to the front door. Lorelai reached forward and rang the doorbell.

Zach inhaled and exhaled slowly to try to calm his nerves. Rory noticed and flashed him a reassuring smile. Zach noticed, but it didn't seem to help.

Suddenly the door swung open and there stood Emily Gilmore with a bright smile plastered on her face.

"Hello Lorelai, Luke." She greeted them.

"Hi mom." Lorelai replied.

"Hey grandma!" Rory said cheerfully.

"Hello Rory!" Emily exclaimed as she and her granddaughter hugged. After they pulled away, Emily hugged Zach. Once they pulled away she furrowed her eyebrows. "What's wrong?" She asked him. He shook his head and managed a smile.

"Nothing, grandma. Just nervous to see grandpa that's all." He shrugged.

"Oh I'm sure he's forgotten all about that, don't you worry." She told him. Zach nodded.

The four of them followed Emily into the living room for drinks.

"Shouldn't we wait for Christopher and Sherry?" Lorelai asked as they all sat.

"No need. Christopher called a little while ago and said they ran into some traffic on the way here, so they won't be here until we're ready to eat." Emily replied.

Richard then came down the stairs. "Sorry I'm late." He said.

"No need for apologies, Richard, they just got here." Emily told him.

"Oh. Alright then." He said.

"So, what's new with the two of you?" Emily asked Rory and Zach as Richard prepared the drinks behind them.

"Nothing much." Rory replied. There was no reason for them to know everything. Not to mention how they'd flip if they found out about Zach's drinking and Rory's accident.

<7pm>

The six of them took their seats at the table just as the doorbell.

"Why that must be them!" Richard said enthusiastically as he stood from his seat and walked to the door with Emily to greet them.

Zach drew in a deep breath and fiddled with his hands anxiously. They all looked as Christopher and a pregnant Sherry walked into the dining room.

"Why you must be the famous Zach I've been hearing all about!" Sherry said as she smiled and stuck her hand out. Zach shook it and flashed her a nervous smile. Christopher then helped his fiance to her seat across from Lorelai. Christopher then sat down across from Luke.

"So, Christopher, how's the new business coming along?" Richard asked as the maids brought out the salads.

"Oh, Richard, why don't you save business talk for a later time where you can discuss them more privately?" Emily said.

"It's okay, Emily." Christopher smiled. "The company is actually doing pretty well. We've had a huge client increase since September and yeah things have been going pretty good."

"Well good."