Episode 12

Continued...

"And I would love if you and Jenny came to live with me in Philadelphia." Her grandmother said.

Chloe raised her brows in shock.

"As long as it's okay with you two of course."

Chloe remained silent.

"I know there's a lot to consider so take all the time you need."

"Have you told Jenny about this?"

"Not yet."

There was a pause.

"I have to get back to the Inn that I'm staying at for the next few days. Please think about."

Chloe nodded.

Her grandmother smiled and nodded before getting up from her seat.

<the intro cuts in>

<first day back>

<<no pov>>

(Lane) Lane and Rory were talking and laughing by their lockers when Lane felt someone standing next to her. She turned to see who it was and frowned when she saw Dave.

"Look I just want to talk."

"We've already talked."

"No, you talked then hung up the phone."

Lane sighed. "Maybe later Dave."

"Why not now?"

Lane turned the other way to walk away with Rory when Dave reached for her hand. Before he could even touch her, he was slammed into the lockers. Both Lane and Rory turned around as they were startled by the noise. Everyone in the hallway was staring at them.

"Zach stop you're making a scene!" Rory whispered yelled.

"I wasn't going to hurt her I just wanted to talk." Dave spoke defensively.

"The only thing you're going to be to talking to is my fist if you ever come near her again, do you understand?"

"Y-yes."

Zach released his grip on Dave's collar and let him go.

"Zach-" Lane began as Zach walked away.

(Zach) As he walked away Zoey approached him.

"Look I get you're still mad about what happened but don't take it out on him take it out on me." She said.

Zach stopped and turned to her. "I'm not mad at you. I never was. So stop making this about you." He said coldly.

She crossed her arms. "So who's this about then? You?"

"No this is about Lane. I thought that would've been your first guess."

She scoffed.

"And just because you came over last night doesn't mean we're on speaking terms." He said as the bell rang. As he walked away Zoey rolled her eyes then began walking to first period.

<before lunch>

(Chloe) Chloe took a deep breath before closing her locker. When she closed it she saw Dean standing there and jumped.

"God you scared me." Dean chuckled.

"Sorry." He said then leaned down and kissed her. She smiled through the kiss and kissed back.

"I was actually just about to come find you." She said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah I wanted to talk to you."

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah yeah everything's fine its just..."

Chloe looked around the hallway then grabbed Dean's hand and led him into an empty classroom. She shut the door quietly then sat on the desk next to the one Dean was sitting on.

"So...what's up?"

"My grandmother came by the diner last night while I was finishing my shift...She then sat me down and told me she would like for me and Jenna to come live with her in Philadelphia."

"You mean like for the summer?"

"No I mean I would spend my senior year in Philadelphia and after that I'm not sure..."

"Oh."

"But it hasn't been decided yet, so there's still time."

"But you're thinking about it, right?"

"Well yeah."

"Then I guess this is it huh?" Dean said as he got up.

"What? Dean that's not what I- Dean!" Chloe exclaimed as Dean walked out. Chloe let out a frustrated sigh.

<after school>

(Zach) Zach and Dean reach their lockers.

"Are you okay? You look upset." Zach asked him. Dean put on a fake smile and nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired." He replied. Zach gave him an unconvinced look, but before he could say anything...

"Hey cutie!" Brynn exclaimed. Zach turned to her.

"Hey." Zach said with a smile. Dean gave him a weird look.

"I'm so sorry about you and Zoey. I'm sure these past few weeks have been really hard on you." She said.

Zach rolled his eyes playfully. "What's up Brynn?"

"Oh I don't know...maybe I was just wondering if you were up for a little bit of fun." She said as she reached up and grabbed the back of his neck and leaned in and kissed him.

Dean expected him to push her off but instead he watched as he grabbed the side of her neck and started making out with her. Brynn almost lost her balance as she stood on her tip toes. Everyone in the hallway stopped and stared. Was he becoming what everyone feared he become? The stereotypical player jock combo?

Brynn pulled away just as shocked as everyone was. So shocked she had a loss of words and just walked away. Zach shrugged.

"Well that was weird." Zach said as if nothing had happened.

Dean looked at him like he was crazy.

(Chloe) Chloe knocked on Jenny's door before entering. When she knocked Jenny was startled as she was trying to cover up her black eye with makeup.

"Hey mom was thinking we-what happened to your eye?" Chloe asked as she approached her sister.

"It's nothing."

"It's not nothing. Who did this to you?"

"It looks worse than it actually is."

"Stop ignoring the question. Who did this?"

Jenny drew a breath. "Okay fine. It was Brynn. But please don't tell mom." She pleaded.

"Okay but what happened?"

"Well Brynn ambushed me in the bathroom like she normally does-"

"Wait how long has Brynn been bothering you?"

"Since like the beginning of the school year I guess. It only started to get physical a couple days ago."

"Why didn't you say anything? I could've helped you."

"Because it was my problem and I didn't want to bother you."

Chloe then reached forward and grabbed Jenny's hands. "Listen to me...I never want you to feel like you can't talk to me, because you can. About anything. I'm always here if you need to talk or if you just need me to listen." She told her. Jenny smiled and hugged her. Chloe hugged her back.

"Thanks Chlo...that really means a lot."

The two of them continued to hug.

<5pm>

(Zach) Zach was in the kitchen getting a soda from the fridge when both Luke and Lorelai walk into the kitchen.

"Hey mom I think we're out of cherry dr pepper." Zach said as he closed the fridge. He turned around and was confused. "Who died?" He joked. He then let out a sigh. "Is this about what happened at school? Because I can promise you it's not as bad as it seems."

"Not as bad as it seems? Zach you almost started a fight." Luke scolded.

"Exactly. Almost. What's the big deal?"

"Look...we know you're going through a tough time right now-"

"This isn't about Zoey. This was about Lane. I thought Dave was gonna hurt her."

"So you think picking fights with him is going to fix that?" Lorelai said.

Zach groaned. "I'm done talking about this!" He shouted before rushing out of the room.

"Zach!" Luke exclaimed then let out a sigh.

"He'll come around just give him time." Lorelai told him then kissed him on the cheek as she rubbed his back.

<the next day>

(Zach) Zach and Dean were at their lockers.

"You alright?" Dean asked. "I'm fine." Zach replied sounding annoyed.

"Hey Zach!" A cheery voice exclaimed.

"What Brynn?" He asked sounded annoyed.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me on Friday."

"No thanks."

"Oh come on it'll be fun."

"I said no." Zach said coldly.

Brynn rolled her eyes. "Whatever I'll just ask somebody else." She said before she walked away.

The bell then rang and Zach walked away before Dean got the chance to say anything to him.

<lunch>

(Chloe) Brynn and her friends were talking at their lunch table when Chloe approached them.

"What is your problem?" Chloe asked. The other student's around them stared and whispered to one another. Jenny noticed from across the cafeteria. She sighed and kept her head down.

"Sorry. Were you talking to me?" Brynn said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes I am talking to you. And I would like for you to quit bullying Jenny."

"Does she always send her big sissy to fight her battles?"

"If you don't like her then fine. But why bother wasting your time on her when you could be spending it getting a life."

Brynn frowned a little as her friends looked at Chloe like she was crazy.

"So do me a favor and stay the hell away from her." Chloe said before walking away.

"What an embarrassment." One of the girls said which was followed by laughter from the rest of the girls. Brynn didn't even react.

(Zach) Zach's leg was bouncing uncontrollably as he ran his hand anxiously through his hand. The teacher was talking but all he heard was muffled sounds. He raised his hand and the teacher called on him.

"Yes Zach?" She said.

"Can I please go to the bathroom?"

"Yes, but please be quick."

Zach nodded and got up from his seat. He rushed out of the classroom and down the hall into the boys bathroom. He began hyperventilating and grabbed onto the counter so he wouldn't fall. He then backed up against a wall and slid down it.