Prologue

The sky was setting into a dark and bloody scarlet as the sun began to set within the horizon beyond the mountains and out beyond far past the Kingdom of the Sea. One mountain in particular curled up into the sky like a curled talon that thought it was cradling one of the moons within its talons, curling in upon itself yet its claws stuck out jaggedly and threateningly.

The sounds of talons bounced off of the smooth stone walls, the echoes of hushed voices filling the air along side the rustling of twitching wings and swishing tails. The stone tunnel lead out into a large open room within the cave, cliffs and ledges reaching up on every side, torches hung from the walls, two on each side of a tunnel entryway.

Huddled closely together along the ledges were dragons, about a hundred of them, maybe more, all together like a colony of bats waiting for the suns time in the sky to end so they can claim the night sky and hunt down any insects they came across in flight. These dragons had broad figures, thick tails as well as well built scales that clung to their bodies like armour. Some had pearly white teardrop scales at the corners of their eyes and others had a tiny white dot upon their forehead. Some didn't have any special markings at all.

The NightWing's were gathered for something special, something they've been waiting for ever since it had been announced. Their Queen had informed the tribe that something special was to happen, something that would help their tribe flourish back to their full potential.

In the centre of the large and open room was a pair of thrones carved out of stone. They were dull and plain, but the tops of them curled up like upside down icicles.

In between the two thrones was a stone carved pedestal that only reached up to the arm rests. It widened out at the top, forming into a smooth bowl. The carvings made it look like roots made of stone were cradling it within their grasp. The bowl was filled with soft bedding made of silky fabrics and soft furs, lining the inside of it as though it was meant to hold something delicate.

The whispers and mutters quieted down as the tapping of talons started to echo within the large open room. Soon enough, a figure emerged from the lowest tunnel that was on the ground floor. Soon enough, a figure emerged from the dimly torch lit tunnel.

The dragon had dark, nearly black, tinted blue scales with sparkling ocean blue eyes. His horns were curled similar to that of a RainWing's, but they were thick like a NightWing's. The markings of SeaWing's that laced above and below his eyes, as well as running down along his underbelly. His wings were a dazzling green and blue with tiny star markings, the membrane matching that of his frills that were fanned out calmly behind his ears. The odd looking NightWing was adored in silver jewelry that's jewels were all different kinds of sapphires and lapis' that sparkled and flowed along side his eyes and bioluminescent scales.

One piece of jewelry that stuck out the most was the silver crown that wrapped around his horns, swirling upwards like waves that would belong to the ocean in the Kingdom of the Sea.

The NightWing made his way over to one of the thrones and took his place, his gaze scanning across the cave walls and meeting the glances of the other NightWing's who looked down upon him from above, keeping themselves quiet as their ears were perked, eagerly awaiting for any news on what could this possibly special thing could be.

"Wiseflight!" The strange NightWing called, his voice echoing loudly around the room. A slender NightWing quickly flew down from one of the ledges.

"Yes your majesty?"

This NightWing's scales were a dark shade of yellow, nearly brown. Her eyes were a dark ember, almost orange with tiny speckles of pale gold within them making her eyes look like pools of glowing fire. A pair of glasses were situated across her snout, reaching back with chains to wrap around her thick horns. Wiseflight walked with a limp, almost a hop, since her left hind leg was missing from the knee down in an ugly scar.