Chapter 4

The days continued to pass by without much chance, each following the same pattern, though, there was something new to add to it. Each day, Fatefinder would come to her and let her know of anything he's figured out, which, isn't much, but he's checking off the list of what kind of disguise the letter was wearing.

Each day he told her, the list grew shorter and short of the possible answers, and each day her heart grew heavier. What if he can't figure it out? She would wonder to herself before she quickly pulled herself away from that kind of thinking.

The NightWing Princess was sitting upon her throne within the throne room. Her throne was much smaller than her parents, but that was because she was a princess, she wasn't like her mother, a queen with a large throne of jagged spikes that curled up like fire that had been frozen in time. Or her father who's throne was smooth and carved as though it were washed down by the rolling waves that ran above the ocean surface.

Sitting within the smoother throne was King Charming, the tribrid covered in sparkling blue jewels that matched his eyes and popped against his dark toned scales.

Lydia felt nervous. She could feel the weight of her crown and how her earring suddenly felt like a hundred bricks trying to weigh her down. Her restless nights didn't do anything to help her feeling of unease. The NightWing's wings would twitch and her tail would stiffen when ever she felt another dragons gaze settle upon her.

Filling the towering cave were more dragons, hanging onto the stone walls with their sharp talons like bats, some sitting upon rocky edges or clinging onto the stalactites that hung down from the cave ceiling high above them.

The only dragon that didn't seem to be there was Queen Animosity, her mother seemingly no where to be found.

Where is she? She thought for the millionth time within that room, she could feel every dragons nerves growing, oozing from them like waves. They were all getting nervous on where their Queen was, even Charming looked to be getting worried about his wife.

"Dad," Lydia whispered, her own merging in along with the twitching of hundreds of wings and hushed voices. "Why isn't mom here yet?"

"I don't know little star." Charming huffed, stretching out his wing to wrap around his daughter. "But I do know she'll be back soon. She called this meeting after all."

"Right..." she needed to keep telling herself that instead of thinking about the worst possible out come of her mother not being here. Nothing is going to be wrong, this is mother for moons sake!

The NightWing Princess looked off to the side, her ears flattening against the sides of her skull while she focused on the arm of her own throne. That's when a flicker of movement caught her eye. Her head shot up, her scarlet red eyes licking onto the movement she saw, her gaze meeting warm brown ones that made her relax within her chair.

It was Fatefinder, the young guard looked at her and must've noticed her nervousness, brigade he gave her a warm smile that felt contagious as she gave him a small one of her own. Seated beside him, was an older female NightWing, over ten years old. Her scales were a dark purple, her eyes the same brown colour as Fatefinder, but they had a golden ring around her pupils.

That must be Fateful, his older sister, she realized with a blink. Fateful was a lot bigger than she imagined her to be. Broad shoulders, sharp cheek bones, long, sharpened horns. Her tail was thick and showed signs of being used a lot in fights as scars littered her scales as though some dragon had thrown grass all over her body.

Whispers started to fill the dimly torch lit cave, each echoing one another. "The Queen!" most said while others joined in with their own words.

"Who is she with?"