Chapter 16

Go back home to her parents and her tribe, or find the missing flower, the missing dragon. And so far, there was only one dragon Lydia believed to be the missing flower she needed to find, based off of the dreams she's had, the dragon who was drowning under the water, who tried to catch the LeafWing named Roseary: Robin.

Quickstrike told her about the story of Robin, how the young hybrid and her friends flew across the sea along the Night Kingdom's newly established shores, found the lost continent of Pantala, and in an attempt to reunite the lost tribes with Pyrrhia, she drowned.

Lydia sat down, looking up at the warm orange sky as her mind raced with ideas and thoughts, trying to piece things together like a story given out in scraps of scrolls rather than a book. The grass felt soft against her scales as each little stand softly brushed against her sides. Her cloaks felt warm upon her back as the rising sun began to warm up the dark fabric.

The missing flower must be her, she thought with a twitch of her tail while her talons began to fiddle with a few blades of grass. She fits the story, and the LeafWin- Rosary, was the dragon she was trying to catch. She paused her fiddling as realization seemed to dawn on her. She's the one I've been seeing through all this time, or at least most of the time.

The more Lydia thought about it, the more it all seemed to make sense, but also the more she didn't think she was right. What if she was wrong? And why would she have to find a dragon who had died when she herself was just a mere hatchling. Unless.....she was meant to find her, because she'd be able to speak with her, speak with her ghost.

Is that what I'm supposed to do? She wondered, talk to this dead dragon, talk to Robin? But why would i need to- Then she remembered Morpho and that HiveWing, the HiveWing who didn't want her to find someone, possibly find Robin. And this HiveWing was willing to fly to the ends of the world to seemingly find her. Where the NightWing princess would find Robin, a dragon who drowned out at sea, was a mystery to her.

Then, there was the option to go back home to her parents, Queen Animosity and King Charming. They surely had been searching everywhere for her, worried sick for their only daughter who was to become the future queen of the NightWing's. Lydia never heard the prophecy that circulated around her, but she only knew it meant she was going to save her tribe and help her family take back the throne from the false queen: Queen Misfortunate.

I have two choices, and I don't need a prophecy to tell me what to do, she tried to tell herself, remembering what Rattlesnake had said, even if I feel like I'm just choosing between two prophecies. Lydia felt stuck, unsure of what to do.

On one talon, she desperately wanted to go home, but on the other, she wanted to solve this mystery that's been plaguing her mind in the form of nightmares and visions.

Her heart wanted to go home, speeding up at the thought of running the opposite way and abandoning her duties, while her mind wanted to solve this other mysterious prophecy she had received in notes and dreams. From a strange NightWing ghost who had appeared for the first time in her room.

"I don't know what to do," she found herself whispering out loud as she looked down at her talons, her sore wings resting heavily upon her shoulders, one aching dully from where that branch had dug painfully into her scales and her muscles. "I just don't know what to do."

One option would lead her who knows where, to do who knows what. While the other lead her back to her tribe, to a future of being queen and ruling over a small section of Pyrriha. If Rattlesnake was here she could help me, if Fatefinder and Moonglobe were here they could help me decide what to do. She already knew Fatefinder would want her to go home to her parents, but the slender SandWing and the oddly coloured IceWing would have different views, different opinions.