Chapter 12

"Hmmm," Lydia blinked as she looked up at the NightWing who stood before her. He was a slender NightWing with narrow green eyes that glinted like the leaf's in the forest when Quickstrike had been traveling with Lydia, bringing her to the village. Placed at the corner of each eye were two tiny pearly off white scales that seemed to glow in the warm torch light. His horns were thick with a slight curl on the tips. His scales were a swampy dark green, matching his eyes. "This is your daughter, Quickstrike?"

"Yes," Qucikstrike sounded proud, "yes she is!"

Behind them by the door was where Quickstrike was sitting with two other NightWing's, well, one didn't seem to be a full NightWing. That one was Skyseeker, she was a broad shouldered, warm brown NightWing with a thick set of horns and what almost looked to be tiny tusk like teeth, which was common amongst some MudWing's.

Beside Skyseeker was Starfinder, an inky black NightWing with wings that looked to be coated in tiny star's, so much so that they nearly looked to be white with black stars instead of the other way around. Her eyes were a bright blue, it almost looked purple but when looked at closely, it was clear to see they were a bright shade of dark blue, a colour that matched the sea. Skyseeker and Starfinder were sitting close together, the smaller of the two leaning close to Skyseeker's ear and mumbling something under her breath.

"Could you describe to me again what you're able to see dear?"

Standing by them was also Fatefinder, the young NightWing guard in training watching her with an encouraging look in his eye when he watched her, but he constantly would look around the room, she didn't quite understand what he was doing, but when she saw he was still here with her, it gave her a sense of relief.

He was looking out for her, ever since he died, he's been looking out for her.

The young NightWing princess forced her attention back towards the NightWing in front of her, Futurereader. She took in a breath before she started to tell him what she could see, just like Qucikstrike told her too. "Be truthful," he said as he walked her down the stone tunnel hallway, his wing keeping her close, "tell him everything you told me."

"I can see ....dragons, but they're no one I recognize," she told him before adding, "most of the time."

"You see dragons you don't recognize?" Futurereader's ears twitched as he leaned forwards a little, sitting down to be closer to Lydia's level. It helped to make him look smaller, not as scary. Like Eirwen had done when he saw Lydia. "Could you describe to me some of them?"

Her mind started to think about all the strange dragons she's seen, as well as Fatefinder.

Seeing Fatefinder dead, laying in a pool of his own blood, now standing within the room, watching over her as a wispy see through figure. Dancing with Morpho then seeing him morph into a HiveWing with black eyes full of anger and rage, a murderous look in their eyes.

The LeafWing named Roseary who seemingly had lost her mind, screaming about a liar and a snitch. Sitting beside the NightWing with broken armor, grieving for dragons Lydia might never know. A wispy dragon leaving her the note to 'Find the Flower'. The shadowy dragon who spoke with a hiss and hid within the shadows on a torch lit dungeon. Then there was the MudWing with five other angry wispy dragons looming over her, their faces blurred and distorted, looking like steamy mist.

"At first, there was a LeafWing, her name is Roseary. She keeps muttering and screaming about a traitor, someone who ratted them out to 'the hives." she described, her tail moving itself closer to her side. "Then there was a NightWing, she was covered in armor that was all...broken. Especially around her face. I don't know her name, but she kept saying sorry to someone, saying she had done awful things."