Chapter 2.

Time skip~ a couple of months later...
3rd POV:
As Mia got used to working at the abbey, she also made some friends: Anna, a middle aged woman with a soft voice and kind manner. There was also Mr. Bates, a kind older man who happened to be Anna's husband, which Mia was so happy about. She also befriended Daisy, the cook's assistant. She was slightly ditzy, but was kind and very intelligent in her own way. As for Mr. Barrow, she was kind to him even though he wasn't to her always. But, that was her way, as she was kind to everyone despite their attitude. Mia was attracted to him but she would never act on her feelings. She still didn't trust men like she used to. After that bloody Mr. Green ruined her life, she got used to not trusting but still wanting to be loved by someone. She was always in inner turmoil. As Mia grew comfortable in her present state, she worried it would soon come crashing down.
Time skip~ a year later...
Mia's POV
As I walked down the hall, I heard Lady Grantham talking of Lady Sybill and her husband, Tom Branson. She died a year after I started working here. I heard from Thomas, that Mr. Branson was a chauffeur here, until he and Lady Sybill were married. I thought that if they loved each other, it shouldn't matter. But, that was my opinion. Thomas, however, let's just say he didn't agree. As time went by, I had done all of my chores and was sitting in the servant's hall for a cup of tea. Thomas was smoking his signature cigarette and reading the newspaper and Anna was sewing in the chair by the fireplace. I was reading my book and I went to refill my cup and I looked at Anna "Would you like some tea, Anna? I'm getting some for myself as well. " She smiled " Yes, I would Mia,
thank you." I looked at Thomas while I filled my cup as well as Anna's "Anything interesting in the world's news, Mr. Barrow? " He looked up at me and smirked " Not much, Ms. Greythorn. Just some local obituaries and things in the village. Is that interesting enough? " I laughed " It depends, it is if you like to be in the know, isn't that right, Mr. Barrow? ". He smirked and continued to read. I smiled and read my book. I looked up and Anna was smiling at me, and then shifted her eyes at Thomas and I rolled my eyes. I said hello to Mr. Bates as he came in from dressing Lord Grantham for bed. He kissed Anna and sat beside me. He smiled " How are you, Mia? Doing well, I hope? " I smiled " Well, Mr. Bates. I'm doing well. How are you? " He laughed " I am Mia, don't worry. " I smiled and continued to read my book. Anna smiled " I think I'll turn in for the night. Good
night. " She started to put her things away and I got up as well " I think I will as well. Good night, everyone. " I put my cup away, set my book down and pushed my chair under. I kissed Mr. Bates goodnight, as well as Thomas. I also hugged Anna and bid goodnight to everyone. I walked to Mr. Carson's office and knocked. I heard his voice answer back "Come in. " I walked in and found Mrs. Hughes and Mr. Carson drinking wine and relaxing after a long day. I looked at them both " I wanted to bid you both goodnight. I am turning in for the night. " Mrs. Hughes smiled " Good night, dear. See you in the morning. " I smiled and made my way to my room, while glancing back to see Mr. Bates and Thomas conversing. I chuckled to myself. Some things do change... After I reached my room and changed, I fell into a dreamless sleep...
3rd POV:
As Mia made her way out of the servant's hall, she kissed Mr. Bates's and Thomas's cheek and hugged Anna. She said goodnight and left for her room. Anna left to the cottage and looked at Mr. Bates. He smiled at his wife " I'll be there shortly, Anna. " Anna smiled " Alright. " She kissed him and left. After she was gone, Mr. Bates turned to face the wall in front of him, then he spoke " Why don't you tell her? " Thomas looked at him, smoke puffing from his lips " Tell who what? " Mr. Bates rolled his eyes " Mia. Why don't you tell her how you feel about her? She may even say yes. " Thomas glared at him as he took a drag on his cigarette " You don't know that. Besides, why would she like someone like me? " Mr. Bates scowled "Why must you be so stubborn? I've seen the way she looks at you. She looks at you like how I look at Anna. She's smitten but she would never say anything because she's afraid of trusting again. That's why you need to tell her how you feel or you will miss your chance. A chance to be happy. A chance for Mia to be happy. Take it or face losing Mia, an amazing girl who is longing for love but is scared of being broken by it. " The raven-haired boy scoffed " Oh really? Like it's that simple? Just walk up and confess my undying love and we'll walk together into the sunset? No, Mr. Bates. That may be how it is in your world. But, in my world, love isn't like that. I don't get to find love. To be the happy couple everyone cheers for. I am not allowed that, maybe because of God or the universe or something like that. But, I know this. Mia does NOT deserve me. She deserves so much more and I will not subject her to anything less than that, even if I would have happiness for the first time in my life. I will not subject her to more pain, by letting her be with me. " Thomas put out his cigarette and made to walk off but turned around "Good night, Mr. Bates. And do not, I repeat, DO NOT meddle with my affairs any more, agreed? " He nodded and Thomas walked off. Mr. Bates sighed and got up, pushed his chair under, grabbed his cane, and made his way to the cottage.
The end...or is it....
A/N:
Hope you liked this chapter. If you didn't, well I'm sorry. Here's a picture of Thomas to help lol

 Here's a picture of Thomas to help lol

A/N pt. 2: Also Chapter 3 is in the works as you read this...stay tuned 😉 😎
Also if any of you are confused, this chapter takes place around the end of season 3. The next chapter or two will skip to season 4 if any of you are as confused as I've seen in the comments.