Chapter 4.

A/N: Hey everyone! BTW that art is not mine! I found it on Pinterest and I'm honestly in love with it. So, get ready for chapter 4, bc this will cover the House Party and the events after. Edna, the chic who likes and manipulates Branson, will also be mentioned/ in the chapters to come. So, get ready for drama, feels, and all the Thomas love! 🥰🙃😬
(Also everything that happened between Anna and Mr. Green did not happen at all. I hated what happened and I also love Anna so much and I can't write that for her. If I can take it out, I will. 🤔😥😐
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TW: There is mentions of rape, abuse, and just some triggering topics, so this is my warning: If you are uncomfortable with this, DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER!! This is my last warning...Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mia's POV:
As all the guests started to arrive at the abbey for the house party, everything started to come together. I was tending to Lady Grantham as well as my other tasks. Edna, who just recently started working with us after Ms. O'Brian left, was tending to Lady Edith as well as Lady Grantham when I was busy. She kind of unnerved me because I know she has her eye on Mr. Branson. I hope she doesn't manipulate him. She is no good and I told Thomas so. He said he saw her talking to Mr. Branson the other day and I agreed that it was suspicious. As Lord Gillingham arrived, I watched from the servant's entrance and sure enough, his valet was with him. I ran to the washroom, or 'bathroom' as the Americans called it. I threw up and dry retched until my throat was sore. I knew I would have to face him eventually but I can't now. What will Thomas think? He'll despise me. I walked out and went downstairs to find Anna talking to Mr. Green. I left and bumped into Mr. Bates. He smiled "Mia, what's the rush? " I smiled " I'm needed upstairs. Thank you though. " He nodded and I walked, practically ran up. I caught my breath and went to tend to my duties.
Time skip~
As the house party went on, the concert drew closer and I grew more anxious by the day. Today, I think Lord Gillingham and his valet were gone. Thomas and me were playing cards in the servant's hall before luncheon. I looked at him, him and his stupid poker face. I smiled " I'm gonna beat you, Barrow. Fair and square. " He smirked as he laughed "No you won't, Mia. I'll beat you hands down. I'm quite the poker player, if I do say so myself. " I laughed and we played for a while, and after plenty of stress and Thomas's smugness, I won by five points. I laughed "Haha. I won Thomas. Give me my book back now. C'mon, hand it over. " He sighed " Alright, Mia. Here. " He rolled his eyes as I celebrated getting my book back. Anna came in, and smiled " What happened? Mia looks happy." Thomas sighed " Mia beat me at cards, so she got her book back. That's her victory dance or something like that." Anna chuckled and sat down to sew. Mia smiled, kissed Thomas's cheek, and went upstairs. Thomas pulled out a cigarette and lit it. Anna rolled her eyes as she watched Thomas. As I was walking in the bend of the stairs, I was met by the person I didn't want to see the most. Mr. Green smiled " Hello darling, I see you have new accommodations. Well, let's see how long that lasts. " He ran his thumb across my cheek, and I slapped his hand away " Don't touch me, you bastard. " He growled "Watch yourself, pretty thing, or you'll get hurt. " He smirked and walked down the stairs. I ran up the stairs, out the other entrance, and into the lawn of the estate. I ran until my feet were sore. I collapsed into a sobbing heap. My worst fears were coming to light. My family would be ruined again. I would lose everything. And Thomas...what would I do without him? Oh no...how..what am I going to do? I cried until my lungs were sore and I composed myself, and walked back inside. I was breaking apart at the seams. I went to my room, cleaned myself up, and went to get Lady Grantham ready by the gong. I helped her get dressed and then I went to eat dinner. As dinner progressed, I chatted with Thomas and Anna, but I wasn't fully there. I finished dressing down Lady Grantham and then went to bed, to a fitful sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time skip~

TW: This is my final warning. If you are uncomfortable with rape or anything close to this, stop reading NOW! I will tell you when to start reading...thank you.
Mia's POV:
Today was the concert, and I was excited to see a famous Australian singer live. It helped me distract myself from thinking of Mr. Green. I finished my tasks for the day, and Lady Grantham was finished before the gong. We all headed up and I talked to Thomas, full of excitement. He seemed happy as well, so that was good. I didn't want him to be sad. As we all sat down, and I stood beside Thomas, the lady introduced herself and began to perform. I had a splitting headache, but I just had to bite the bullet and get through it. But, it didn't help that an opera singer was performing at the same time. Thomas looked at me and his eyebrows furrowed " Are you alright, Mia? You look like you're in pain. " I smiled " Well, I have a splitting headache and I want some medication. ' I saw Thomas's smirk and I pointed my finger at him ' Not a word, Thomas. I might just go get some medicine. I might take a nap if it's really bad. " I kissed his cheek, and walked downstairs to the medication cabinet and pulled it out. I got a cup for some water and poured some in it. After I drank it with some medication, I got some water to wash it down. And then I heard it, boards creaking.
[STOP READING HERE!! STOP READING! TW: RAPE]
I backed away and I knew it was him. I screamed "Go away! " He chuckled darkly " Oh no darling, it's no time for games, now is it? I noticed you've been spending a lot of time with that Barrow fellow. Naughty girl. " I cowered but summoned as much courage as I could "Don't hurt him! He did nothing. Leave him be! Please!" He chuckled " Oh, I won't hurt him darling, but what better way to break him than to hurt you. " He walked forward and I tried to hold him off but it didn't work. He slammed his lips on mine and I tried, and failed, to force him off but I was so weak. He threw me into a dark room and he loomed over like a dark shadow. And then all I felt was unbearable pain....
[YOU CAN START READING NOW! IT'S OVER AND I'M SORRY!]
An hour or two later....
3rd POV:
As Ms. Hughes made her way to her office, she came in and turned on the light, to find a shaking, cowering Mia in the corner behind a set of drawers. Mia cried out desperately "Shut the door, please, shut the door. " She closed it and went over to help Mia up. Ms. Hughes gasped "Mia, what happened? How?" Mia cried " Please, I need some clothes and...oh my word..." She clutched her abdomen and silent tears streamed down her cheeks. Ms. Hughes sighed "Mia, we need to go to the police. Urgently. " Mia shook her head " No, no Ms. Hughes. Just please find me some clothes. Please, help me. " Ms. Hughes nodded and walked out. Mia sunk down and cried, while being in unimaginable pain.
30 mins. later....
Mia came out of the washroom and little did she know, Thomas had been looking for her everywhere. He smiled, and then it was replaced with concern " Mia, what happened? Are you alright? " Mia smiled weakly, and replied " Yes, I'm fine Thomas, I just cut my lip on a chipped cup, and then I was tired so I took a nap. " He touched her shoulder and she flinched. He shrank back and his expression was full of sadness....and hurt. He looked at her " Mia, did I do anything? " Mia shook her head and sighed " Please, I'm tired. I'm going to turn in. Goodnight Thomas. " She walked off and went to her room. He watched her go and silently broke. She didn't kiss me on the cheek like she usually does....what has happened? He thought..and then went to his room. Both Mia and Thomas felt something they hadn't for a while: unimaginable sadness....

A/N: Oof that was a rough, long chapter. I am so sorry if that broke any of you. I knew it was gonna be rough but I didn't expect it to hit me so hard. If any of you are struggling with this or are suicidal, call (1800)- 273- 8255 or find someone to talk to. There are people who care and love you ❤ Stay strong, everybody!
Here's a Daily Thomas/RJ-C pic to cheer you up! 👇:

 There are people who care and love you ❤ Stay strong, everybody! Here's a Daily Thomas/RJ-C pic to cheer you up! 👇: