Chapter 6.

A/N: Hello 👋! So, this will be slightly fluffier chapter than the last two and I will be serving you some cute and funny moments between Thomas and Mia. But, be prepared, it's not always smooth sailing...welcome, and enjoy! 😉
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mia's POV:
As me and Thomas grew close the next day and I was so glad I had my, well, now lover back. I loved him dearly. I woke up this morning in a good mood and I woke up before the morning bell. I got me some tea and I went to the servant's hall to sit down. I heard footsteps and I found out it was Thomas. He smiled " Hello love, what are you doing up so early? " I smiled " I couldn't sleep any longer with the birds out. And the sun shining, and the wind blowing. It was too much to resist. " He smiled " Well, I guess that's a good enough explanation. " He sat down beside me and poured him some tea as well. He drank some and set it down. He turned to me and smirked "Well, what are we reading this time? " I laughed " Pride and Prejudice, if you must know. " He laughed and kissed me quickly and I rolled my eyes. I kissed him again but longer. He smiled into it and I let go and went back to reading my book, comforted by Thomas's presence.
Time skip~~breakfast time...
Thomas's POV:
As I watched Mia eat and converse with Anna and Mr. Bates, I thought of the valet who attacked her. He was going to pay, but I needed to play this smart. I knew he hurt her and that was illegal, and I knew it. He thinks he got away with it, but he's got another thing coming. Cocky bastard. I felt something touch my hand and I looked up and saw Mia, staring at me, concerned. I smiled at her and she smiled back, then she went back to speaking with Anna. That girl was all I had left. I had lost my mother, my father not worth mentioning, and now Mia. She was undoubtedly the love of my life, and I hoped it would stay that way. But, knowing Mia, she wouldn't leave me for anyone or anything. She's stubborn like that. I smiled to myself as I thought of how just a couple of months ago, Mia and me didn't even speak, we just made small talk. Now, we are a couple, so to speak. And she actually returns my feelings. I smiled " Mia, I'm going to see Mr. Carson about something. I'll be back. " She smiled " Alright, come back soon. " I chuckled " I always do. " She kissed me and I returned it. She smiled and shoved me lightly " Go. I won't distract you. See Mr. Carson. " I smirked " I kind of want you to. " I leaned in and she shoved me away " Go, Mr. Barrow. I don't wanna keep you from your business. Go. " I chuckled and snuck a kiss on her cheek and walked off as she exclaimed "Thomas, you minx! " I chuckled and walked to Mr. Carson's office. I knocked and I went in after he let me in. I sighed " Mr. Carson, if I may, I need to see to a family member who's staying in the village. If I may, I can return before luncheon. " He nodded " As well, you best be back and prepared before luncheon. Am I clear? " I nodded and smiled " Crystal. Thank you, Mr. Carson. " I got my coat and hat, explained to Mia, kissed her, and left for the village. As I walked around, I headed to the Grantham Arms to meet my acquaintance for a drink and his information. I walked in, and sat down after finding him. Sean smiled and hugged me "Hello, mate, how ar' ya? " His strong Irish accent came through in his voice, as he smiled. I laughed " Hey Sean, so what did you have to tell me about Mr. Green? " He nodded "Well Thomas, I heard from my sister who works for an estate nearby to Lord Gillingham's, that he, Mr. Green I mean, had done what happened to your Mia, to a couple a' girls her age as well, and he also, from what she said, is that what happened to your Mia, has happened before. She went through this a couple a years ago. And the same guy too. This Mr. Green? This is not a common occurrence. Most of the girls take their life cause a what they endured. She's lucky to be alive. And I'm glad she has ya, lad. You're a good one. Fight for her lad, cause many had no one." His accent was strong, but I got the message. I smiled sadly " I plan on it." I thanked him, and walked back to Downton for luncheon. I was thirty minutes early for luncheon. All in good time. I got on my livery, and found Mia. She smiled, and it was heartbreakingly beautiful, and kissed me. She looked me in the eyes and responded "How was your relative? Did it go well? " I smiled " It went well, love, and now I'm all yours. " She smiled, once again, brightly and kissed me softly. She laughed " I think you're smitten, Mr. Barrow. Who is the one who has enamored you in such a way? " He smiled " Only a exquisite girl, who is kind and caring. Who loves me no matter what I've done, because she sees how I truly am on the inside. And I am deeply, and fully in love with her. " She smiled as her eyes sparkled with tears " Thomas, I..." I smiled and tilted her chin up " Ah, don't cry, darling. I know. It's alright. " She nodded, and kissed me before heading upstairs to dress Lady Grantham. I smiled to myself, and then and there, I vowed to always protect Mia, no matter what, and if anyone dared harm her, they would have to deal with my anger in full...
A/N: Before I keep writing, I bet some of you are wondering where Edna is, and if you weren't, you are now lol. Well, I love the scenes between her and Thomas before she leaves in the 4th season, so I'm going to put my spin on them. Thanks. 🙏

3rd POV:
As Mia and Thomas made their way to the boot room, they heard humming. They walked in and Thomas stood in the doorway. He smirked "You seem cheerful. What's this about? " She smirked "Nothing. " She continued to hum and Mia raised her eyebrow. Thomas smirked " Well, you were very down in the mouth after speaking to Mr. Branson the other day? " She scoffed " You think you can read me like a book, don't you? " Thomas maintained a smug air as he responded "Well, I pride myself on knowing what goes on, yes. " She smirked " Well, you'll be glad one day that you kept in with me. " She kept humming and made her way out of the boot room, looking pleased. Mia looked at Thomas's face and laughed at his displeased expression. Mia smiled " You don't win em' all, love. " He rolled his eyes and they went about cleaning the shoes assigned.
Time skip~~a day or two later...
Mia's POV:
As a day or two went by, I saw Edna walk in and out of Ms. Hughes office. When she went in, she was confident. Oh well. Me and Thomas were walking downstairs when Edna ran up the stairs.
Thomas looked at her figure running and smirked " What's got you in a hurry? " Edna stopped " Do you ever wonder why people dislike you so much? It's because you're oily, sly and smug, and I'm really glad I got to tell you before I go. " I made to wipe that look off her face with a cold, hard slap but Thomas stopped me. He smirked and stepped forward "Well, if you want to play the truth game, you're a manipulative little witch and if your schemes have come to nothing, then I'm glad. " She bolted off and Thomas replied " Are you leaving Downton then? " She screamed back " What's it to you?!" Thomas smirked " Oh plenty. It's plenty to me. "
He held out his hand and Mia rolled her eyes as they walked back to the servant's hall. Mia smiled, as she knew she couldn't live without her mischievous Mr. Barrow....

A/N: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this slightly fluffier chapter. I really wanted to do the Edna thing so I hope you enjoyed that. Stay tuned for more 😉
Daily Thomas pic: 👇

 Stay tuned for more 😉 Daily Thomas pic: 👇