Chapter 1

Sage POV

Three weeks later

Work. Friends. Sleep. Repeat. I feel like a zombie going through the motions. I think I've been like this for three weeks now. My parents and Shay don't think I'm myself and believe I should go and see a therapist. Maybe that's a tad dramatic, after all I'm only heartbroken, or maybe they're right. Either way, I don't really feel like talking to anyone about what happened... not yet anyway. I just want to forget about him and how he made me feel.

It's now 2pm on a Friday afternoon and as I started my shift this morning at 7:30 am, it's still light out when I finish at Chrissy's Candle Store, 'A Flame'. Leaving work, I run quickly across the street to grab the Thai food Theia texted me that she'd ordered and then head to hers. Mrs. Park recently got a boyfriend and decided to take him to Spain for the summer. Yep, you heard right. It shocked us all, so Theia has a free house until she gets back. I park my car at my house and crossed over to Theia's, seeing the twin's car is already parked in the driveway

'What's up bitches!' I storm into the living room, holding up the bags of food. I put on an act for my girls but I know they know I'm still hurting inside.

'God, Sage!' Kayla moans. 'Ever since you started working across from that new Thai place, you've become my new favourite person.'

'Don't let Tré hear you say that.' Kerrys teases.

'Shut up! We're just friends.' She blushes, turning bright red at the mention of her new "friend".

'Mhmm, if you say so.' Theia side eyes her. 'Are we eating or what?'

We all plate up our portions and sit down around Theia's dining table. After a while, I see Theia and Kayla eyeing me and Kerrys cautiously.

'What?' I ask, whilst Kerrys just looks up at them with a noodle hanging from her mouth.

They look at each other before Theia speaks. 'We know you both said you didn't want to even mention their names anymore but- '

'But...?' Kerrys encourages them.

'We're worried about you both.' Kayla finishes.

'Why? It's been three weeks since they left and we haven't mentioned them in two.' I huff out in annoyance.

'Exactly! We're just worried that you and Ker are suppressing your feelings.' Kayla continues.

'Why would use bring them up when we have just finally started to get over them.' I don't know about Kerrys but I'm lying. It's been three weeks and I still find myself looking into his old room through my window hoping one day I'll wake up to see him standing there, smirking at me. Or that I'll wake up and I'll feel him spooning me, tickling my lower stomach.

'Yeah Kayla, you know that I started to talk to someone new.' Kerrys says as she goes back to eating her food.

'Okay, well Ker seems good but Sage, we're just wor-'

'-worried about me. I know.' I shake my head. 'But really, I'm fine' Lies, lies and more lies. I show them a weak smile to make my statement believable.

***

More weeks pass and I'm still not over him, but I hide it from the girls, so that they not continuously worried about me. I catch Kayla staring at me so much, it's like she's worried I'm going to explode. Theia keeps offering me her food and you know Theia and food - she never shares. Finally, Kerrys seems to be doing better but her and Kayla avoid discussing their new guys around me, as they believe I'll burst into tears.