epilogue.

Avery's POV

The change was gradual, but eventually the public accepted Harry as he was-- alive. We could finally make an appearance without being bombarded by fans, because luckily for us they knew a thing about personal space and respect. If anyone needed to worry about a mob of people, it was me. I had become internationally known as the first to cheat the system in the game show and have two winners instead of one. Of course, Harry got some credit too but I took for the most of it.

It took about a month to completely move in and to open every box. Harry bought more furniture, which made me feel guilty since I was our source of money at this point. One way or another, the house had been officially claimed as ours and we couldn't be happier.

"Now I feel at home." he beamed at me, before throwing himself onto the couch in the living room. "Because I'm with you." he cooed.

I smiled back at Harry, lost in his eyes. Since I was already sitting on the couch, there was no need to move at all. "Aw." I admired, my breath hitching in my throat. "That's so sweet."

Harry yawned with that sly grin, stretching, and his arm slung around me. An old move, cheesy but undeniably cute. "And because there's food here."

I rolled my eyes and hit him with a pillow. Of course there was going to be some catch, as there always had to be when Harry. If something seemed too good to be true, it probably was. "Harry!" I squealed, and he laughed along with me as we laid on the couch.

"You know, I never expected Murder House to give me a future." I said unexpectedly, the thought coming to mind. "I expected it to kill me."

Harry shrugged and adjusted his bandana. "I'm just happy you signed up." he told, and ended our conversation on a half positive note. He turned the television on and started to channel surf. Meanwhile, I picked up the phone and dialed pizza delivery.

"Lazy day?" Harry asked, his eyes glued to the tv. The phone was still ringing from the other end, so I gave him a wide grin and nodded. He smiled to himself, obviously seeing my gesture out of the corner of his eye.

I ordered the pizza and laid under the covers, snuggled with Harry, and eventually we fell asleep to the senseless mumbling of the tv. What was even more surprising was the fact that when we woke up, the pizza delivery man was laying on the couch, asleep too.

Harry and I grabbed the pizza and snuck upstairs.

*

Everything from there on out only got better. We stayed together through everything, our relationship not faltering once. I think it was because we had been together through so much that it was hard for anything that daily life brings to take a toll on us. We had become accustomed to the challenges, which was a blessing and a curse.

Soon a few years full of love and compassion had passed, and it was my 24th birthday on April 3rd. Harry had baked me a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, which I liked best. Harry didn't like it as much but he was willing to make the sacrifice. I appreciated that.

"Happy birthday to you," he sang melodiously. He had sung to me on multiple occasions, and each time I discovered why he was in a band in the first place, over and over again. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Avery, happy birthday to you!"

His low but joyous voice caused a smile to form on my face. I grinned widely and blew out the candles with one attempt, which made Harry cheer and laugh.

"You're still that strong girl I fell in love with." he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I nodded in agreement and cut the cake for the both of us, before putting them on plates and taking a first bite. It was delicious, as everything chocolate flavored had to be.