four.

Harry's POV

Orion-- the one with the orange hair that had tied me up earlier-- and Candy-- the one who had hit me upside the head with God knows what-- stood under the door frame, unarmed.

The first thought that came to mind was the fact that thanks to Avery, I had a decent stash of weapons in my belt loops, covered and concealed with my Green Bay Packers hoodie. I pulled out one of my throwing knives and took the best aim I could while they were still in shock, and I could hear Avery hiss cold air when it made contact with Orion's head. Blood spewed out right away.

"Ugh." Avery groaned. "This is all your fault for being so reckless."

Reckless.

Of course.

Orion yelled out, and Candy pulled what looked like a knife out. She'd only get a good hit if she got close. That was not the type for throwing.

"Your friend is going to die." I said with some seriousness to my voice. Avery looked over at me, shocked I was being so cool and not playing around. "Knife to the head doesn't sit well."

Candy grimaced for a moment before going back to her defensive stance. I wasn't scared. She didn't intimidate me in the least.

"Do you want to be next?" Avery's voice surprised me. This gave me the impression that she had Candy covered, and making sure Orion was dead would be my task. I wondered if we were going to grab the first kill.

I inched my way to Orion, who was yards away from Candy. It was a risky move but I actually trusted Avery in having my back. She wouldn't let me die. Something inside of me told myself that.

I pulled out a small handgun and before giving it second thoughts, shot him to the head. He twitched once, before blood started flowing out of his chest and pooling on the floor around him.

"He's dead." I announced, and then my gaze fell to Candy. She was petrified.

I felt terrible for doing this to them. Orion and Candy were just like me-- trying to do anything it took to survive. It was just the way that they came about the whole thing that was different.

"Please don't kill me." she said in a low whisper, and I was starting to think that's how she always talked. Discreet so no one else could hear.

"You bashed me upside the head." I frowned, feeling my face. A warm, sticky liquid wiped off on my finger. "I'm bleeding."

She looked so afraid of me; so afraid that I was having second thoughts about killing her. Maybe she would be a good ally, but then again in the end one of us would have to die. It'd be useless.

I held her at gunpoint, the barrel of the gun pressed to her temple. I wanted to get information out of her, but this wouldn't be a good tactic if she kept twitching under my hold.

"Who are you with?" I demanded. My gaze fell on Avery, who was scanning the room for any potential threats. Orion's dead body was exerting a lot of blood now, so much I had to move my feet to avoid getting bloodstained boots.

This mansion was already wearing off on me, and I didn't like it. I didn't want to become ruthless like the rest, killing with no mercy and the motive of money to press me on. But then again, I had no other way of survival.

"It was me, Orion, and Jonah." she finally sputtered, and I believed her. Memories of the first night flashed into my head, seeing Orion give me a pitiful look before walking in here. I was frustrated they had taken this room, and it came to my attention that this was the most luxurious. The master bedroom.