My Past Is Not Today

Xyola sat on Trigga's front porch.

Drunk.

The bottles of Hennessey was the only thing keeping her from completely breaking.

She put the bottle down when she saw his headlights flashing on her face.

Trigga cut his truck off and smirked. X couldn't live without him and he liked that.

"You came back baby." Trigga chuckled.

"Why you did me like that?"

Xyola's question caught him off guard. He didn't know how to answer it, so he didn't.

Xyola chuckled bitterly, "What did I do for you to treat me that way? Did I not do enough?"

"Nah baby I-" Trigga quickly blocked his face as a Hennessey bottle flew his way. He reached his hand out and choked her up against his door. "What you want, Xyola?"

Xyola looked him in his eyes. The Hennessey had her feeling things that she couldn't shake. Or did her true feelings never go away?

Trigga seen the state X was in and picked her up with ease. He took her inside of his house.

X picked her head up and looked around the very familiar place. The white sofas, 65inch TV, glass table in the room was the exact same as she remembered. Trigga put her down on the sofa.

X eyes teared up. After everything he did to her, she couldn't leave him alone. She hated herself for it. She came back to reality when she felt a breeze on her stomach and chest. She looked up in fear when she seen Trigga pulling her shirt.

"Please don't do this again!" X screamed.

Trigga looked at her confused. All he did was pull her shirt off, knowing she liked to sleep naked. "Do what?"

Xyola was too afraid to answer him. He couldn't possibly not know what was wrong with what he did. She grabbed her shirt and ran to his front door. She tried to unlock his door, but because she was drunk, she had a hard time doing so. Trigga grabbed her by the back of her neck and slammed her into the wall.

X smirked and laughed through her bloody lip.

There it was. She thought. He tried putting on that nice act, but she saw right through it.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"So what's going on with you?" J'lani's aunt asked. If anybody asked him, his aunt was his mom. His father and mother were out of his and his siblings's life. His uncle and aunt, Victoria and Andrew Jackson took them in when he was just a child.

"Want me to be honest, ma?"

"Yes, boy." My mom chuckled.

"Everything is good." J'lani lied. He was now a father figure to Ayden, X had started popping pills again, he hadn't heard from Cienna in a while, and... Emoni.

His aunt put down the cup of tea she was drinking and cupped his face. "You can't hold to the pain you carrying. You will make your life miserable if you hold on to that."

"Xyola started back up with the pills for starters." J'lani started.

"That girl need to let go of the demons she got in her closet. She need a therapist or something." Victoria shook her head. She thought about the first time she met Xyola.

Victoria was walking into her house after an 8 hour shift. She did home help, so she might get off but still help her client.

She always checks on her children before she does anything. She checked on Jaliyah, then Jayla, then Jacari, then J'lani last.

When got to J'lani's room, she a female's voice. She thought he was on the phone with one of his friends, but the voice was too clear. She opened his door to see J'lani laying on the floor and a figure laying in the bed.

"I'm gonna pray for y'all cause y'all need some help." Victoria said causing J'lani to laugh.

"You not gon ask me about Emoni?" J'lani asked. Two days ago, she told him Emoni came to her house. Now, she won't speak about?

"You hung up the phone, so I was guessing you didn't want to talk about her.

J'lani scoffed. "Cienna still mad about some shit I did two weeks ago and ain't talk to me since then."

"The girl is right. What you doing will lead to one or two things, a casket or a cell."

J'lani wasn't surprised his mom said that. She would tell him that all the time. He knew that he could be imprisoned or dead, but some niggas made it out alive. He was gon be one of those niggas.

A thought suddenly came back to J'lani's head.

"Ma, why didn't you tell me about Keleci?"

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saniyah had just got finished doing a set of nail. The girl wanted two gold and white marble middle fingers, two plain white ring fingers, and the rest were gold.

Trigga hadn't contacted her since she told him about the girl in the picture, X.

She was glad. Happy, actually til she started thinking about him. He had been there for her since she was 14. Not knowing what he had planned for her the moment she turned 20.

She only had good thoughts about him though. How he held her when she cried about her parents, how he helped her with school and sports, how he paid for her to go to college. She couldn't understand what changed for him to start acting the way he was acting.

But then again, being fake don't happen overnight. The shit has been building up for years. It might take one thing for them to realize the don't like you or they envy you. Consciously, some people might not notice that dislike a person that they be around.

Or there might be more to the story. And she was definitely trying to figure out Trigga's.

"Saniyah?!"

Saniyah quickly came out out of her thoughts as she heard Kelly's voice. "Yes ma'am?"

"Clean up this station. We got customers and sittin up here, talking to ya demons." Kelly said with a disgusted look on her face. She then walked away with her loosely installed 26 inch lace front.

Saniyah got up and cleaned her station. She then looked at the time on her phone and saw it 6:37pm. She was tired so she clocked out and left. All Kelly was gonna do was call Trigga amd start bitching.

But hey, wasn't her problem.

IHYILY

come slide on me
                    6:41pm

Saniyah was confused as to why Trigga texted her after two weeks, but she figured it was serious so she headed to his house.

The sight wasn't pretty. Blood and glass was everywhere. But she saw someone on the floor bleeding out.

It was X.