The Seeds Of The Past

J'lani POV
Mother House

"Carlo-" My aunt started to explain. I ain't wanna hear it.

"You lied to me my whole life! Nothing you say can justify that."

"J'lani stop disrespecting ya mother like that."

I turned around to see my uncle Andrew. He was a truck driver, so we never knew exactly when he was. He would just pop up.

I sighed and calmed down for a minute.

"Now what y'all in here arguing about?" Andrew asked. We didn't respond as he looked between the two of us. My aunt put her head down.

"He knows."

My uncle put his bags down and looked my in the eye. "We may not be your biological parents, but we love you like our own. This don't change a damn thing."

"Y'all lied." I stated. They probably wouldn't understand from my point of view. When I was a child, okay cool. But, I am an adult. It was possibility for me to find this out, so they should have told me.

"Lani!"

I turned towards the front door to see my youngest sister, Jayla. I got up and picked her up. She laughed and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I miss you!" Jayla said, making me laugh.

"I miss you too." I did miss my siblings. So much had been going on, I hadn't seen my siblings.

After a while, I was done being mad.
I noticed my younger brother, Jacari, looking upset. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"What's good witchu?" I asked.

He looked at me and shook his head. I knew him better than that though.

"Come on." We went out on the back porch and sat down. I pulled my blunt from behind my ears and lit it.

"Speak ya mind."

"I don't know how to say it." Jacari hesitated to tell me what it was. He knew I wasn't jugdemental, so what could he really be hiding from me?

He looked away from me and put his head down. "I'm..."

"What?"

"I'm gay."

I paused. "That's it? That's what you was scared to tell me?"

"Yeah." Jacari said. He looked past me at the house, so I did the same. I turned just in time to see my sister and Jacari's twin, Jayda, peeping out the window at us.

I faced my brother. "That don't matter to me. You still my brother."

"I really thought you would hate me. Like I knew Xyola was gay and all, but-" I cut Jacari off.

"You are who you are. Anybody who hate you for your truth, got serious issues. Aight?"

"Aight."

"Quick question." I said and Jacari nodded his head. "Do ma and pops know you gay?"

"Nah. Honestly, I think they most definitely would hate me."

"Shiddd I don't know if they would or if they won't, but live ya truth. Besides, you can come live with me if anything happens." I stood up and gave him a hug.

When we walked in the house, Jayda acted like she wasn't easedropping on our conversation.

I walked into the living room and sat in front of my aunt. I was gon get my answers. That's the least she could do.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Xyola POV
Hospital

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I could hear a faded beeping noise, but I couldn't open my eyes. I was wondering where I was.

I could remember what happened before I blacked out.

Trigga grabbed me by my neck and slung me to the floor. The walked over me and I kicked him in the face and stood up. The kick had him off his game for a second, but he caught his shake back.

He picked me up and slammed me into the glass table in his living room.

My head instantly started to spin. My vision got blurry and the room warped. I felt Trigga grab my legs and pull me. I didn't know where he was pulling me to, but I know it wasn't far.

"You think you could leave me? Huh? Ima show you." Trigga stated. Well, threatened.

A few seconds later, my legs dropped to the floor and the front door opened.

I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I rolled over on my back and the blood kept pouring out. Slowly, my vision begin to fade out.

As I opened my eyes, I blinked a few times to let them adjust to the light.

I looked around the room and my eyes landed on J'lani. I looked away as soon as we made eye contact. He looked angry.

"What happened? And don't lie to me." J'lani stated.

I took a deep breath knowing he would be mad at what I was finna tell him. "It was Trigga."

I seen J'lani clench both of his fists. "I'm sorry. I got drunk and I-"

"Drunk?!" J'lani yelled. "First, pills. Now, alcohol?!"

I lokked away from him. I could hear him breathing, hard might I add.

"You need HELP."

The words echoed and replayed in my head. Almost, as if it was broken record.